Seeking Charitable Tuba Donation? Is that postable? Where?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
BrassoProfundo
bugler
bugler

Seeking Charitable Tuba Donation? Is that postable? Where?

Post by BrassoProfundo »

Hi Tubenet Savants,

I'd like to post an ad soliciting a donation of a tuba to a non-profit community orchestra and am wondering whether and where that might go on TubeNet?

I've just begun using tubenet again recently (never used it much) as I've just begun playing again after a seven year hiatus. So, I must confess I'm a tubenet newbie, and seek guidance.

An orchestra with which I last played in NYC seven years ago recruited me to start playing with them again, as I'm back in town and available. The one hitch: I don't have a tuba currently, and neither do they. And, I just started a new job and money's tight, so I doubt I'll be ready to buy until perhaps late spring.

I know there are quite a few tubas out there not getting enough love and use, maybe even a tuba with these specs:
  1. 1. BBb or CC gig tuba for various uses
    2. 4/4, 5/4, or 6/4 size
    3. 4 or 5 valve
    4. Conservatory grade or better model
    5. In good playing condition
    6. sounds good
It occurred to me that perhaps someone might want to gift their tuba as a donation to a non-profit, 501c3 community orchestra, where it most definitely will get played (lovingly and reasonably well as long as I'm there by a former student of Pat Landolfi (NJ Symphony), Don Harry (Juilliard, Eastman), & Sam Pilafian (Empire Brass)), and will help this orchestra thrive and play. Learn more:

The donor can declare the value of the tuba when they gift it, at which time the orchestra will accept the tuba and the valuation. As a donation to a tax-exempt organization, the donor can then write off the value of the donation on their income tax filings.

Anyway, I wanted to find out where on TubeNet this ad might go? Please let me know if this is appropriate and any suggestions, revisions, etc.

Thanks!
BrassoProfundo
Last edited by BrassoProfundo on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Think song and wind, not meat and muscle. -Arnold Jacobs
Tuba, mirum spargens sonum, per sepulchra regionum, coget omnes ante thronum.
With tubas and the call of the rams horn shout with joy. בחצצרות וקול שופר הריעו
BrassoProfundo
bugler
bugler

Re: Seeking Charitable Tuba Donation? Is that postable? Wher

Post by BrassoProfundo »

Thanks, Mark.
With tubas and the call of the rams horn shout with joy. בחצצרות וקול שופר הריעו
BrassoProfundo
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassoProfundo »

Hmmm... seeing no objections?
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

I hope your community orchestra is able to receive a tuba to help bring music to the people.
sean chisham
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

No crowdsourcing or fundraising allowed on Tubenet. Those posts will be removed.
--farah chisham