Miraphone 191 gig bag options?

The bulk of the musical talk
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Re: Miraphone 191 gig bag options?

Post by greenbean »

Beans&Tuba wrote:Not trying to hi-jack , but ,Greenbean , is the B&S tuba that you are refering to one of the 43 in. tall long neck tubas ? . I have a Meister Gerhardt Schneider 101 stencel tuba, and havent found a bag for it . I would love a miraphone bag for this tuba .
No - I got the Miraphone bag for my B&S 3301, which came in a wooden DEG (?) case that weighs about 45 lb. The fit happens to be perfect.

The Musica B&S is 43" tall and the bell is 16.5". It came in an older Protec (when they called it Protec International). It is slightly long - but good enough. It has backpack straps but they are much less comfortable than the Miraphone. I think the current version of it is called the Gold Series. Dillon has one. It is the only bag that I have seen that would fit. Except for Cronkhite... :D

(I bet our stencils are slightly different. I will PM you. I would like to compare them.)
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
WakinAZ
Community Band Button-Masher

Post by WakinAZ »

Beans&Tuba wrote:Not trying to hi-jack , but ,Greenbean , is the B&S tuba that you are refering to one of the 43 in. tall long neck tubas ? . I have a Meister Gerhardt Schneider 101 stencel tuba, and havent found a bag for it . I would love a miraphone bag for this tuba .
The ProTec Gold series bag model C240 is an acceptable fit for the B&S/VMI 101 tubas - The length is good, the width is a little wide, but overall decent fit and excellent bang for the buck. A side loader, no idea on top loaders.
https://www.dillonmusic.com/protec-tuba ... black.html

PS: always shop Dillon last. Their prices are frequently less than what Google finds, and shipping is free (except for tubas and hard tuba cases).
Last edited by WakinAZ on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WakinAZ
Community Band Button-Masher

Post by WakinAZ »

I am pleased to report that the Protec Platinum bag is an excellent fit for the Miraphone 191.
Thanks a bunch Mike!
Minkrott
bugler
bugler

Post by Minkrott »

WakinAZ wrote:I am pleased to report that the Protec Platinum bag is an excellent fit for the Miraphone 191.
Thanks a bunch Mike!
Glad it works for you!
King 2341 New Style
King 2341 Recording Bell
GRBIC 1907 Eb