RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA FOR SALE ON CONSIGNMENT WITH BALTIMORE BRAS

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA FOR SALE ON CONSIGNMENT WITH BALTIMORE BRAS

Post by Cthuba »

RUDY MIENL 3/4 TUBA CC
Great Condition! Minor scratches and dings
Purchased 2 years ago from a fellow tubeneteer
Includes Wessex Gig Bag
$7500.00 plus shipping

NOW- 7,000.00

Excellent Tuba

Recently Overhauled by Lee Stofer!!

Located in Williamsport, Pa. Prefer not to ship but can

Last edited by Cthuba on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gnagey 4/4

That which is dead can eternal lie and with many strange aeons even tubas will fly
-A Misquote from HP Lovecraft.
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA

Post by Cthuba »

Bump
Gnagey 4/4

That which is dead can eternal lie and with many strange aeons even tubas will fly
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Bump
Gnagey 4/4

koznolan
lurker
lurker

Post by koznolan »

PM sent
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Bump :tuba:
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Bloke,

Not entirely sure. I purchased this instrument from a gentlemen out in Ohio, who had previously purchased this from Andy Rummel.

This horn at that time had a detachable valve section where some braces were not connected to the instrument. The horn has since been restored to its original condition through Lee Stofer.

Imho as well as many others, this has GREATLY improved the instruments response and sonority. It is a different instrument that I wish I could keep. But $$$ :(
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Price drop $7350.00
Gnagey 4/4

MikeMilnarik
3 valves
3 valves

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA PRICE DROP

Post by MikeMilnarik »

I've played this instrument when Cthuba first bought it. It was a great instrument then, and if Lee Stofer got his hands on it - I'm sure that it's even better!

Great horn for a great price! Give it a try!

Mike Milnarik
http://www.milnarik.com

INNOVATA
COSMOPOLITAN TUBA QUARTET
MMI - TUBA EUPHONIUM ACADEMY
TUBASTUDIO.com

Tufts University & Milnarik Music Initiative
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Lee Stofer »

This instrument has the original 5th valve, as far as I can tell. Some years ago, someone had the instrument re-braced to make the valveset and leadpipe removable. Then, someone else had several non-detachable braces added to try to restore lost resonance. With a mix of detachable and non-detachable braces, it played as well as a lot of tubas out there, but was not as resonant as it should be, and the response was somewhat deadened. The owner brought it to me at the TUSAB Tuba-Euphonium Conference, then waited several months until I could get to it. Since these are individually hand-crafted, including the braces, there is no such thing as just ordering new braces, such as for a King, Yamaha or Jupiter. I pulled the valveset, removed all of the incorrect parts, then fabricated new original-type braces and reassembled the tuba as it originally was.

The resulting tuba has not had a complete restoration, as the lacquer is not new. It is what I call a play-condition restoration, which means it plays very much like when it was new, is a quite dependable player and sounds like a million bucks. You would get a somewhat better instrument if you bought a new one, but it would also cost you about $19,000.00US. Someone needs to buy this instrument and enjoy it for many years.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. Bump :tuba:
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Bump :tuba:
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA FINAL PRICE DROP

Post by Cthuba »

$7000

This is the final price drop. I will give this some more time. If no offers arise than this will be sold through consignment at BBC at a much higher price. :tuba:
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Bump
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Cthuba »

Bump
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA FOR SALE ON CONSIGNMENT WITH BALTIMORE

Post by Cthuba »

Horn is now for sale on consignment with Baltimore brass along with my Wiseman PT6 clone.
Gnagey 4/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA FOR SALE ON CONSIGNMENT WITH BALTIMORE

Post by Cthuba »

Bump :tuba: :tuba:
Gnagey 4/4