BMB 6/4 CC J-865 $4200

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
flyingdogs
bugler
bugler

BMB 6/4 CC J-865 $4200

Post by flyingdogs »

Hello! I have a Big Mouth Brass 6/4 CC tuba, model J-865 that I'm looking to sell. It's four pistons with a dependent fifth rotor. I recently got the horn sonic-cleaned a few months ago, and I just got it back from the shop for dent removal. It has an even sound in all registers- dark, round, and present. Like all 6/4s, it has its set of intonation quirks. The first valve slide moves freely, and a rod on the second valve slide makes it easily accessible. The other slides are also right there if you choose to use them. I'm selling for financial reasons. My main horn is a do-it-all, and, in my current situation, it is hard to justify keeping this one. I have been successful using this horn as part of a section in wind ensemble, as the only tuba in orchestras, and even in smaller chamber groups.

https://imgur.com/a/TRzcW6W

The horn comes with a Helleberg-style mouthpiece, soft case, and hard case. I'm in SoCal and willing to drive a few hours to meet a serious buyer. Otherwise, shipping will be via Greyhound.
flyingdogs
bugler
bugler

Re: BMB 6/4 CC J-865 $4200

Post by flyingdogs »

Bump :tuba:
BrassKicksArse
bugler
bugler

Post by BrassKicksArse »

An Excellent deal on what seems to be a great horn. Having owned a BMB 6/4, and played one of the CC's, I'd say this is quite a bargain for someone looking for a great looking and playing 6/4.
lvandrewazar
lurker
lurker

Post by lvandrewazar »

PM'd!
Peycha
lurker
lurker

Post by Peycha »

Is this horn Still available?
george.jordan.w
lurker
lurker

Post by george.jordan.w »

I’m very interested in this horn, is it still available?
LibraryMark
bugler
bugler

Post by LibraryMark »

What does "dependent rotor" mean?
VMI 3302 BBb
Mack Brass TU410S CC
John Packer JP377 Eb
3 King 2280 Euph's (you can never have too many)
Davy
bugler
bugler

Post by Davy »

LibraryMark wrote:What does "dependent rotor" mean?
The Dependent rotor is similar to what you would find on a Dependent rotor Bass Trombone; meaning, the valve is placed within the loop of a separate valve (in this case, the 4th valve). It means the valve wont be operable without using the 4th valve as well, but could also free up the resistance of the main bugle of the tuba by having fewer valves to blow through.
Gnagey-Phone CC
Edwards B-454 Bass Trombone
Shires Q-30 Tenor trombone
King 3B Trombone
Fender P Bass
Ibanez SRH-505 Bass

Army Musician

"Don't play what's there; play what's not there".
-Miles Davis
LibraryMark
bugler
bugler

Post by LibraryMark »

Oh - how about that. Thanks!
VMI 3302 BBb
Mack Brass TU410S CC
John Packer JP377 Eb
3 King 2280 Euph's (you can never have too many)