B&S Neptune—SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Austincomerf95
bugler
bugler

B&S Neptune—SOLD

Post by Austincomerf95 »

Hi All,

I find myself in possession of one too many tubas, so I’m looking to sell my Neptune.
It’s a great horn, with a wonderful and even sound throughout registers. Valves work very well and all slides move easily—the second is a little slower, but easy enough to adjust with the right grease.

The previous owner had a rod put on the main tuning slide, but it was a bit ineffective as the weight of the rod caused the slide to move down throwing everything very flat. As a result, you always had to keep your arm up there to keep it from falling. I had this adjusted so that you are still able to freely move the slide on the go and leave it where you please. It is also now accessed from behind the valves making it much more comfortable to play. In one of the pictures you can see where a bracing was removed from the third valve slide to accommodate this change.

The lead pipe has also been moved out slightly to allow for easier access to the valves. Before having that done, my shoulder would hurt after playing a while. Since having this changed it hasn’t been an issue.

Very few dents, but I’ve taken pictures of those that exist. They would easily be taken out, but I’ve just never bothered. There are also the usual couple of minor dents in the bell from the use of a mute. You can also see where a dent was rolled out in one picture. Lacquer is a little miffy here, but it was smoothed out well.

Horn is cleaned regularly at home and professionally. Comes with a black gig back which is in good shape and does a fantastic job of protecting the horn. Unfortunately the side handle tore off a while back, so you just can’t carry it that way. Backpack straps are fine.

Horn is located in St. Paul, MN. I’m looking to get $6,800. Happy to drive a reasonable distance and shipping is an option, but that would be at your expense, of course. Could also bring the horn back to Boston area with me when I’m home for the holidays if that ends up being more convenient.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cVVs0 ... 4twssKxJDE" target="_blank"

Please email me at austincomerford@gmail.com" target="_blank"

Cheers,
Austin Comerford
Last edited by Austincomerf95 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Austin Comerford
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S Neptune

Post by ryschnei »

PM'd
octan2
lurker
lurker

Post by octan2 »

PM sent!
Austincomerf95
bugler
bugler

Post by Austincomerf95 »

Bump!
Austin Comerford
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Post by ryschnei »

Sent you an email!
DeclanLynch1
lurker
lurker

Post by DeclanLynch1 »

Sent you an email!
Wilson 3050S CC
Miraphone 283 "Norwegian Star" Eb
"Play like you're good"
Bnich93
bugler
bugler

Post by Bnich93 »

Bump for my former studio-mate to buy the tuba^

Do it Declan...do it.
Hirsbrunner HB50 w/Warburton 30DL
John Packer 377s w/Parker Cantabile
Austincomerf95
bugler
bugler

Post by Austincomerf95 »

Bump for this guy^
Currently have a few people who are interested in the horn and hoping to buy. I’m trying to honor the order in which they have contacted me. That being said, it hasn’t yet been sold, so please still contact me if you are interested.
Austin Comerford
dasanchezr
bugler
bugler

Post by dasanchezr »

Bump for this Neptune, Austin is great guy check his tuba out!
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S Neptune—SOLD

Post by ryschnei »

Thanks again Austin, great to do business with you!

https://i.imgur.com/SEdveAV.png" target="_blank
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

ryschnei wrote:Thanks again Austin, great to do business with you!

https://i.imgur.com/SEdveAV.png" target="_blank" target="_blank
^ Cool photo :tuba:
Austincomerf95
bugler
bugler

Post by Austincomerf95 »

Very cool photo indeed. Congrats on the new horn, Ryan. I'm sure it will treat you well!
Austin Comerford
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Austincomerf95 wrote:Very cool photo indeed. Congrats on the new horn, Ryan. I'm sure it will treat you well!
How's that 2145 play?
ryschnei
bugler
bugler

Post by ryschnei »

bort wrote:
Austincomerf95 wrote:Very cool photo indeed. Congrats on the new horn, Ryan. I'm sure it will treat you well!
How's that 2145 play?
Really good! I feel like the pedals and sub-pedals play better and louder on this 2145 than most 2155s I've played (I've never played on a 2165 so I can't speak for that model), and it's actually pretty competitive with the Neptune, having played them side-by-side for a bit. It can handle pretty much everything I throw at it, orchestral, solo, experimental, jazz...you name it.

I'm really only switching to the Neptune because 1) ego, 2) I feel like what I want to do with my playing is more geared towards the "big" horns.