Sousa $425

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
vespa50sp
bugler
bugler

Sousa $425

Post by vespa50sp »

AaronC1901
bugler
bugler

Re: Sousa $425

Post by AaronC1901 »

Not worth buying
1918 Martin Medium Eb *FOR SALE*
Wessex Strauss *FOR SALE*
Gnagey King/Hn White CC frankentuba *FOR SALE*
2018 Campbell & Mundheim Tenor Sousa prototype
Chris Kratt mini Eb sousa
vespa50sp
bugler
bugler

Post by vespa50sp »

Here is the note that I got from the seller: "It has a “Washington“ logo etched on the back of the 25.5” bell. I got this from an elderly relative and have only use it as a display piece, so I’m not certain on the key."

Probably a stencil. No Washington listed in Horn-U-Copia, but one tubenet entry. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84553 The modern looking sousa neck is promising.

Maybe it can't be identified (he says as he's waving a red cape in front of the bulls...)
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Is a european import. Can get a respectable sound out of these, at least good enough for street music. Won't necessarily guide your intonation where it belongs.

I admit i am biased towards these, as my tuba youth centered round one of these i had gotten for $100.
Thanks for playing!
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

Leadpipe (after the gooseneck, before the MTS) looks kinda crushed flat to me
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
Gus_Pratt
bugler
bugler

Post by Gus_Pratt »

To me it looks like a Buescher. https://simonettitubacollection.com/ins ... ousaphone/" target="_blank
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

roweenie wrote:Leadpipe (after the gooseneck, before the MTS) looks kinda crushed flat to me
I think that's just the light. The lead pipe and 3rd valve upper loop are running mostly on top of each other right there. Mostly, not entirely. I think we're seeing the 3rd valve loop peeking out from under ("above" in the photo) in that picture. The glare is washing out any detail of that small section.

It does have the trademark "long lead pipe into the MTS which is sitting over the the valve cluster" of a Buescher. But the rest of it doesn't look right. Especially the goofy curly-cue on the 1st valve loop and the wacky 3rd valve routing. That 3rd valve loop is something I'd expect to see on an old helicon.

Which leads me to agree with the previously stated "European stencil" assessment.

FYI, that's a Conn neck on it.