Parts for Conn 14K sousaphone

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Larry6153
bugler
bugler

Parts for Conn 14K sousaphone

Post by Larry6153 »

Hi, I picked up a Silver sousaphone stenciled “Zenith” and Whittle, Dallas Texas.
It has a look and serial number P55444 that leads me to believe that it’s a 1971 Conn 14K.
It’s missing the 3rd piston and top cap. I also need all the stems and finger buttons.
Maybe someone has knowledge about the stencil and has some spare parts to help me get it playing.
I’m located in the Dallas area.
Thanks, Larry
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Parts for Conn 14K sousaphone

Post by toobagrowl »

Larry6153 wrote:Hi, I picked up a Silver sousaphone stenciled “Zenith” and Whittle, Dallas Texas.
It has a look and serial number P55444 that leads me to believe that it’s a 1971 Conn 14K.
It’s missing the 3rd piston and top cap. I also need all the stems and finger buttons.
Maybe someone has knowledge about the stencil and has some spare parts to help me get it playing.
I’m located in the Dallas area.
Thanks, Larry
Conn made 'Pan-American' and 'Continental Colonial' sousas that were very similar/same to the regular 14k. In fact, my old Conn 14k reminds me VERY much of the Continental Colonial sousaphone I played way back in the day :!:
Never heard of 'Zenith'. Just make sure what you have is indeed an Elkhart-made 14k. Parts for those old horns are getting pretty rare. If your local music store doesn't deal Conn-Selmer or Allied Supply, Dan Schultz "Tuba Tinker" here may be able to help you. He is listed in the Sponsors section. Keep in mind that if you have to buy new aftermarket Allied parts for your 14k, they will be pricey :!:
Either way, Tuba Tinker could probably help you out if your local music store can't. He helped me out with parts for my vintage 14k, and it now plays very well :tuba:
Larry6153
bugler
bugler

Post by Larry6153 »

Thank you both for the replies. I plan to visit my local repair shop to see if they can help me verify the model and get parts. If not I’ll get in touch with Tuba Tinker for help.
Larry
Minkrott
bugler
bugler

Post by Minkrott »

I believe that the valve section is the same as the fiberglass 36k, those might be easier to find.
King 2341 New Style
King 2341 Recording Bell
GRBIC 1907 Eb