Miraphone 184 project 500$ in Copenhagen, Denmark

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Søren
pro musician
pro musician

Miraphone 184 project 500$ in Copenhagen, Denmark

Post by Søren »

The background story: I bought this old Miraphone 184 out of somebody's basement hoping to get it into playing condition. My first ever real BBb horn I got to play on was an 184, and I have fond memories of that tuba. So when I saw this, I figured that this was my chance. Fast forward, my repair guy has had it for considerable time now, and will realistically not get to it in the foreseeable future. And in a few months time, I will relocate to another country for a year. Hence I took this tuba home, and will let it go to somebody with more time than me.

The tuba: It is not in playing condition. It is missing the spit-valve, but the worst is the dent (and hole) in the second branch. The bell has at some point been cut down, and only the tuning slide moves. Other than that, the tuba is in fair shape. The valves are very good (as to expect on a Miraphone), and when you plug the hole in the second branch (and the missing spit-valve), it plays much better than expected. I figure that 500$ is a fair price for what is basically a nice valveset and a somewhat used bugle. The horn is located in Copenhagen, Denmark, but shipping can be arranged at buyers expense.

bdkelley01
lurker
lurker

Re: Miraphone 184 project 500$ in Copenhagen, Denmark

Post by bdkelley01 »

Horn still for sale? Any interest in shipping to the U.S.? I have no idea what the cost/hassle would be to do that...if it’s possible, I’d be very interested and would love to talk to you more (: Thanks, -Braden