Attn: Middle & High School Tubists-Luzerne Music Center 2019

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Chris Pearlberg
bugler
bugler

Attn: Middle & High School Tubists-Luzerne Music Center 2019

Post by Chris Pearlberg »

Opportunity for Middle and High school aged tubists:

This summer will be my fourth year on faculty at the Luzerne Music Center. LMC is an international music intensive camp set in upstate New York's Adirondack Park, with programs for students aged 9-18.

Over the summer, students participate in:
  • Symphony Orchestra (daily rehearsals)
    Chamber Groups (Brass Quintet, daily coachings)
    Solo concerts with professional accompanists
    Weekly private lessons
Campers have the experience spending a summer outdoors; LMC's program incorporates activities such as hiking, swimming in the lake, canoeing, and off-campus trips to Lake George and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (2018 included the NYC Ballet and the Philadelphia Orchestra).

LMC is a hub for performances and masterclasses over the summer, including a residency by members of the Philadelphia Orchestra. Blair Bollinger (Bass Trombone of the Philadelphia Orchestra) directs the brass ensemble during the high school session. LMC faculty and guest artists are featured in concert every week of camp.

If you currently are or have a student in middle school or high school looking for a summer full of music and fun, please email or message me on this forum. I am currently looking for two students for the 4 week Junior Session students, and two students for the 4 week Senior Session. Scholarship money is available!

Dates for 2019 are:
Junior Session (ages 9-14): June 16-July 12
Senior Session (ages 14-18): July 15-August 11

Please check out the website here for more information on the programs, faculty, and application process: http://www.luzernemusic.org" target="_blank

If you have any additional questions, feel free to email me at cpearlberg@luzernemusic.org" target="_blank

Thanks!

Chris Pearlberg
DM, Indiana University
John DiCesare
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Attn: Middle & High School Tubists-Luzerne Music Center

Post by John DiCesare »

Bump for Chris and this great opportunity.
John DiCesare
Seattle Symphony
Artist in Residence - University of Washington
Chris Pearlberg
bugler
bugler

Re: Attn: Middle & High School Tubists-Luzerne Music Center

Post by Chris Pearlberg »

High school session is full. There is still room for a talented middle school aged tubist!

Thank you
DM, Indiana University