Altieri Gig Bags Denver CO

The bulk of the musical talk
Ranger7
lurker
lurker

Altieri Gig Bags Denver CO

Post by Ranger7 »

Has anyone tried to reach Altieri in Denver recently? The number on their website is constantly busy and there is no response via email.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Altieri Gig Bags Denver CO

Post by Ken Crawford »

Their customer service is horrible/non-existent.
ronr
bugler
bugler

Post by ronr »

I ordered a bag in July. It finally arrived in October; too small. Sent it back they said I’d go to the front of the line. Six weeks later, still waiting. Never again.

I have to say though, when I emailed about the bag being too small I got an immediate phone call, like within five minutes, so that was nice.
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Lee Stofer »

When I started selling Altieri bags in 2002, Donna Altieri and her employees were very responsive, and my wait time for a bag was minimal. Within the past 2 years, I found that they were extremely busy, and I had to wait a bit longer to get a bag/bags. I may be wrong, but am assuming that Donna has retired, hence Jeff Smith buying Altieri bags. Jeff is one of the very best in the instrument repair business, and very focused on good customer service. But, living in Charlotte, NC and having the business hub there, it seems that it would be difficult to have the same control of a business subsidiary halfway across the country. I would suggest that if you like the Altieri product but are unhappy with the customer service, contact the parent company at http://www.jlsmithco.com" target="_blank
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

If I ever get back to tuba, I'm seriously going to consider getting a kiddie sleeping bag and doing exactly that so I can get away from the top loader thing.
ronr
bugler
bugler

Post by ronr »

Just sent back my second Altieri bag in a row. This one was too small, too.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

ronr wrote:Just sent back my second Altieri bag in a row. This one was too small, too.
:(

Are they getting a 3rd chance, or are you getting a refund?
ronr
bugler
bugler

Post by ronr »

I’m done. To their credit they refunded immediately. At least that what they said. I haven’t checked.