186 BBb Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

186 BBb

Postby hrender » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:49 am

hal.
hrender
6 valves
6 valves

Re: 186 BBb

Postby groth » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:54 am

That's not a 186, more like a 184. Way too skinny upper and lower branches and bugle. Also, would never do business with anyone on Ebay with a 93% feedback rating. :roll:
Jupiter 582S BBb Tuba
76' Precision Bass Guitar
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Postby the elephant » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:54 am

This horn is clearly marked as being owned by the Northeast Independent School District of San Antonio, TX. I would not even bid on it until I saw paperwork that it was legally sold, which is just about impossible in Texas unless purchased through a government auction.

This guy's very low Feedback score tell me something here is fishy.

DO NOT BUY unless proof that the horn is provided that shows that this horn was legally purchased! Texas schools cannot sell to individuals, or they could not in the past, and NEISD is a very wealthy school district, so a back channel band director sale off the books to raise money for the program would not be needed. These schools have actual repair budgets in addition to healthy purchasing budgets.

And I also think this may be a 184, which means it may have come from one of NEISD's middle school programs.

It may be legit, but I would want proof that I was not dropping my hard-earned dollars on stolen goods. A good eBay seller usually has a Feedback score of 99.5% or higher. Read his negative feedback comments to see why people do not like him. Like I said, he may be selling this legally, but with his low score and the fact that there is a school district "tag" for a district in the city where he is selling this tuba is VERY FISHY.

If you need help, try asking a question. Making a series of disconnected, random statements won't get you your answer.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby bort » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 am

Maybe someone could ask NEISD if they're missing a tuba?
B&S GR-41
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Postby the elephant » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:42 am

Maybe. I no longer know who to call down there. Besides, they were like the devil to us in just about everything. I was in Northside Independent School District, heh, heh, and the two districts were arch rivals in just about everything. I can assure you that the Northeast district can easily afford to absorb the cost of a stolen tuba, but it is wrong and uncool to buy a stolen horn, so if any TubeNetter in the SA area is reading this, please contact the Fine Arts director for NEISD.

However, I am pretty certain this horn will be sold before they are back in the office. Maybe someone there is still working, but I am sure the district offices will be closed now. Perhaps they will be open through Friday, but all ours here in MS are closed on Thursday until Jan 2 or 3, I think.

If you need help, try asking a question. Making a series of disconnected, random statements won't get you your answer.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby hrender » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:02 pm

District web page gives contact info:

North East ISD
8961 Tesoro Drive, San Antonio, TX 78217
210-407-0000

DIrector:
Julie Shore

Executive Director of Fine Arts and Student Activities

Email: jshore@neisd.net

Administrative Assistant

Margaret Ficklen

Email: mfickl@neisd.net

Office: 210-407-0358
Fax: 210-804-7146
Last edited by hrender on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hal.
hrender
6 valves
6 valves

Postby the elephant » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:22 pm

hrender wrote:District web page gives contact info:

North East ISD
8961 Tesoro Drive, San Antonio, TX 78217
210-407-0000

Ok, so I am running around here, trying to get ready for a very long gig day. I did not have time to look that up. But since you did that work for me I *did* go ahead and make the call. I spoke with the correct person, then emailed her photos and a link to the ad; they will be looking into it first thing tomorrow morning when the person tasked with such work will be in the office. (I did not speak with Julie Shore, who is the person who is out today. I spoke with one of her assistants, and Ms Shore now has a printout of my email sitting in the middle of her desk blotter for tomorrow morning.)

Thanks!

the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby the elephant » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:26 pm

I hope they let me know the results of their investigation. I hope we helped to bust a crook! If not, then the sale is legit and none of this matters. No harm, no foul.

the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby BopEuph » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Looks like the listing was pulled. Wonder what that means?
BopEuph
pro musician
pro musician

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads