Martin Mammoth(s)

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Martin Mammoth(s)

Post by humBell »

Thanks for playing!
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Martin Mammoth(s)

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

And another one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-handcra ... 0930.m5375" target="_blank" target="_blank
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

lost wrote:
SousaWarrior9 wrote:And another one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Martin-handcra ... 0930.m5375" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
I couldn't help it. I miss my silver mammoth that I sold. This was a lot cheaper than the other mammoths listed. I'll let yall know how it turns out. Who knows? Maybe i'll fix it up and put a 7k price on it! :twisted:
Congrats! Keep us posted on the restoration. Trying to resist temptation myself on the rest of these that are still up for sale.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

I am not exactly a poster child for resisting temptation of this sort, but on that note, thanks for sharing the further tale of the silver Martin Mammoth. At some level, curiosity drives me, and so hearing about it here is just about as good as getting it. Sure, it lacks the hands on experience, but it makes up for it by more discerning appreciation in years and skill level.
Thanks for playing!
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

lost wrote:Well it came in the mail today. Former high school horn. I would guess this was dropped sometime in the early 60's because the tenon that hold the recording bell is bent, meaning you can't put on the bell, so you cant use it. Then recording bells went out of fashion, so looks like this was stored and forgotten! The valves look pristine.

The horn has been relatively cared for by a now older generation of students. Not that beat up, but has seen use.

Small hand acid crack where you sit your hand to press valves that needs a patch.

Needs the martin bits, but the little turn screw has been preserved!

Really happy overall. It's always a gamble...
Glad it worked out for you. Art's horns usually need some work but for what he sells them for you can't get hurt too badly. He's usually open to dickering on price too. I considered buying it but did I really need 2 Mammoth bell front horns. :)
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.