Yamaha 103 Tubas Galore!

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Yamaha 103 Tubas Galore!

Post by Dan Schultz »

I can't believe how many 103 tubas are listed right now. Pick your price and condition. :D
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Yamaha 103 Tubas Galore!

Post by Tubajug »

There was a time I was seriously looking at getting one of these for keeps (I had one for a while but "flipped" it), but I'm hoping my Eb tuba project will fill my need for a small, light horn with some punch. There a lot of 'em out there at the moment for sure!
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
BopEuph
pro musician
pro musician

Post by BopEuph »

Tubajug wrote:There was a time I was seriously looking at getting one of these for keeps
Five years ago I would have jumped on one of these, but I'm liking my 12J for the small work more and more.

It might have been nice when I played Ragtime in a small pit and they were saying my softest was still too loud, but I decided at that point there probably wasn't a horn that would have changed the sound designer's mind.
Nick
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

How do they play?
I’ve never tried one.
Is the intonation decent?
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I kick myself every time I sell one of these. Picked one up a few weeks ago for really cheap. Guy had it listed as an Olds. (I knew better but I wish people would do a little research before listing things). Anyway, I'm keeping this one. (My wife says she heard that one before :) ). Plays well and I love these for small groups and to throw in the backseat to go to practice when I don't want to haul the Conn or Martin around. :tuba: :)
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.