Wisemann Leadpipe - replace?

Repair and modification discussion
ZBob
lurker
lurker

Wisemann Leadpipe - replace?

Post by ZBob »

Hello,
Issue: I have a Wisemann that developed the dreaded rot in the leadpipe last year. Due to time constraints, I had to have a local music store tech do an "emergency" patch. It ain't too pretty but it does the job.
Question #1: I plan to sell this horn and wonder if I should sell as is or have the leadpipe replaced?
Question #2: If replacement is wisest, would it be best to have a new one installed (I hear it would have to be a B&$ part) or could/would one of you experts out there fabricate one. And then there is the silverplate.
Question #3: If it is ok to ask for recommendations (or volunteers) on the forum, who out there would take this on?

I have a new horn and the Wisemann is traveling from Boston to the West at this time with my Dad. He would like to drop it off to get the work done and possibly consign?

Effusive thanks ahead of time.
Eastman EBC836S CC
B&S Symphonie F
ZBob
lurker
lurker

Re: Wisemann Leadpipe - replace?

Post by ZBob »

Thanks for the insights gentlemen. My dad dropped the horn off for Lee Stofer to rehabilitate when he gets time. His shop was right on my dad's route home and we had some dealings with him a few years back and he really impressed us.
Eastman EBC836S CC
B&S Symphonie F