FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1GB SOLD!!

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1GB SOLD!!

Post by ckalaher1 »

Yet again, I find myself with more than one F tuba in the house. Can’t keep both, unfortunately.

5+1 Gold Brass Miraphone Elektra. Bought the tuba about a year ago in “demo” condition. The horn
Is still in “demo” condition. Pin sized ding on the top bow, and pin sized ding on the bell. Valves and slides function as would be expected with Miraphone quickness. With regards to playing qualities:

-outstanding intonation
-GREAT low register response (although I find it on the bright side down there)
-very easy high register
-the g# is fine

The instrument has been used in a few orchestras (Fantastique, Mendelssohn “Reformation”), big bands, and quintets. It’s a Firebird with better intonation and steering, in my opinion. The instrument works GREAT and is a low register monster with the TU-28 mouthpiece that comes with the tuba. I’m a PT-64 guy, and while it worked fine on that mouthpiece, the low end can get a little bright with the 64.

Included with the tuba is a blue Miraphone 481 gig bag. The bag has probably left the house less than 40 times and never sat in a mud puddle. Basically, it looks like new.

Also included is all of the stuff you get if you bought it New: polishing cloth, screwdriver, TU-28 mouthpiece, utility bag, brochure.

Price is $8400. I will consider offers, but submitting an offer is no guarantee that the offer will be accepted. Any sale will be considered closed only when both the buyer and seller agree upon a price. Acceptable forms of payment are: cashier’s check, personal check (will have to clear before the horn leaves the house), or PayPal. If paying via PayPal, please add 3% to the agreed upon price.

Tuba is located 15 miles east of downtown STL. Feel free to come by if you’re interested in trying the tuba. I do have a shipping box, so I can ship the tuba, but will ONLY do so via Old Dominion freight lines. Shipping will be at the buyer’s expense, and will likely be @$350 with insurance included.

Thanks for reading, pics to follow.
Last edited by ckalaher1 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1, Gold Brass

Post by ckalaher1 »

1st post of photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

2nd post of photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

3rd post of photos
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

more pics
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

final pics
Jim Andrus
bugler
bugler

Post by Jim Andrus »

Pm sent.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

This tuba is ON HOLD for trial currently. I’ll change the title heading back to FOR SALE if the situation presents itself.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

The HOLD on this tuba has been removed. A prospective buyer was set to fly in to try the tuba on the 21st, but logistics got in the way. I’ll send a PM to those who inquired about the tuba before the HOLD was in place.

As always, PM with questions.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

BUMP
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1, Gold Brass-$8100

Post by ckalaher1 »

Bump for price drop.

Plenty of online tire kickers, but no one has stopped by to test it out yet.

I’ll keep it for a few more weeks, then off to consignment.
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1, Gold Brass-$8400

Post by adsteve »

Bump for a great horn and seller.

I’ve had the opportunity to play this horn several times and it is as advertised. The high range is effortless and the low register is very open with no wonky notes like some other F tubas are known for. The low C is definitely usable. Tuning isn’t just ‘good for an F tuba,’ it is just good and minimal slide pulling is needed.

Whoever buys this horn will not regret it. The horn has a great sound for solos, quintets, and orchestras. I’d also consider this if I were in a one tuba for everything situation.

I’ve known the seller for a long and can guarantee whoever buys this horn will have a very easy and hassle free experience.
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1, Gold Brass-$8400

Post by ckalaher1 »

Tuba is on hold pending funds.
PeteDenton
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1GB ON HOLD PENDING FUNDS

Post by PeteDenton »

Very pleased to say this tuba is now sold and en route to me in the UK :)
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Re: FS: Miraphone 481 Elektra, 5+1GB ON HOLD PENDING FUNDS

Post by ckalaher1 »

Pete, you beat me to the punch!

Horn is sold and shipped out to the UK yesterday. Thanks to all those who inquired.