Sellmansberger Mouthpieces

The bulk of the musical talk
JasonV
bugler
bugler

Sellmansberger Mouthpieces

Post by JasonV »

I just wanted to give a thank you to a board sponsor, Joe (bloke) at Sellmansberger Mouthpieces. He fitted me up with a mouthpiece for my new Yamaha F621.

He asked many questions and put together a great combination for me and this horn. I am very impressed and pleased with the entire experience.
Jason Venesky
Principal Tuba, Butler County Symphony Orchestra
Tuba/Euphonium Instructor, Grove City College
ronr
bugler
bugler

Re: Sellmansberger Mouthpieces

Post by ronr »

+1 to this
Wayne Rice
bugler
bugler

Post by Wayne Rice »

The Symphony model I have is quite simply the best mouthpiece for me that I have ever had. I still have 12 mouthpieces laying around (which I need to sell), all of which are in mint or close to mint condition. But despite my best efforts, none perform as well for me as that Symphony. Truly amazing.
Keep playing, because expression is life.
Bigsum90
bugler
bugler

Post by Bigsum90 »

I tried a new rim from Sellmansberger and did not like it - a lot. I contacted Joe and told him I wanted to send back the rim, but needed a specific shank. He exchanged the rim for a shank at no additional cost and even refunded the return shipping cost. Who does that now days? Great and friendly service.
Bigsum90
Mack Brass TU210L
MackVeny Arion TU220
Cumberland Presbyterian "Holy Gang"
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Post by adsteve »

+1

I got a mirafone 188 and wasn't thrilled about the mouthpiece I was using. I'm also not a tech guy, so I don't know a lot about measurements. After a few quick emails back and forth, Joe fitted me with a mouthpiece that has been incredible!
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Post by adsteve »

Symphony cup, symphony shank, and the 33P rim. My last mouthpiece just felt clumsy, and this fixed quite a few issues I was having.

I am sure that more practice would have helped too, but having the right equipment helps!
adsteve
bugler
bugler

Post by adsteve »

Definitely a low range improvement. From about the pedal F to the A-flat were very unstable with the prior mouthpiece. It smoothed everything right out.

Sound wise, I was pretty happy with what I was getting with the old piece, but now that I have the new one, I can say it is just a more mature sound.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

I own several different m.p.'s that work very well on my B&S rotary Neptune (euro). My Blokepiece allows me to blend in perfectly with BBb tubas around me. I don't sound like a soloist sticking out in a section. All registers are good with it, too.