SOLD: Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 w/MP&GIG BAG - PRICE REDUCED

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

SOLD: Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 w/MP&GIG BAG - PRICE REDUCED

Post by Patrick.Wade.Tuba »

Hi all, I'm selling my Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 CC, 5 valve (4+1).

I've had this horn since spring of 2005 and it has seved me very well in all manner of settings, but it's time to upgrade my equipment. Looking for $4,750 USD; includes a top-loading Gard brand gig bag (purchased October 2017) with multi-sized padding inserts to fit various sizes of tuba. Also included is a PT-48 mouthpiece. I'm located in Richmond, TX (Southwest Houston are) and willing to drive for delivery, to nearby major metropolitan areas (San Antonio, Austin, DFW, New Orleans) or buyer may pick up, otherwise cost of shipping will be added into sales price.

There are a couple small dings and scratches from general use, but it is in overall excellent shape. The only major injury the horn has suffered was to the bell when flying to Colorado with the UH Wind Ensemble; that was repaired immediately upon returning to Houston. The horn is missing the thumb ring, which was hardly adjustable and mostly just got in the way.

It has been cleaned once a year since I bought it, most recently in January 2018 by Hector Lopez of H&H Music in Richmond, TX. It was fully disassembled and chem cleaned, was polished, all bumpers and corks for water keys have been replaced. Because these horns are no longer in production there was no exact match for felts on the 4 piston valves, so the closest fit was used - originals will be included should the buyer prefer to use those. Outside of this, the only modification was using lighter weight euphonium springs for the piston valves - the originals were much heavier and slower.

This horn has served me well in wind ensembles, orchestras, and quintet settings. The most recent recording I have is from a recording session with the Houston Brass Quintet on a premier piece for brass quintet: "Sea Shanties" by Jeffrey Kaufman. Soundcloud link below.

https://soundcloud.com/effreyaufman/sea-shanties-1" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Last edited by Patrick.Wade.Tuba on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 CC, 5 valve (4+1); $5,500

Bump
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 CC, 5 valve (4+1); $5,500

Bump. Need to sell.
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 CC w/MP - PRICE REDUCED

BUMP FOR PRICE DROP TO $4,750 W/ADDED MOUTHPIECE
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 CC w/MP - PRICE REDUCED

BUMP
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: Kalison Daryl Smith 4/4 CC w/MP&GIG BAG - PRICE REDU

BUMP
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

BUMP

Horn still available.

Price dropped from $5,500 to $4,750
Choverby516
lurker
lurker

Post by Choverby516 »

Is this still available?
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

The horn is currently on hold for a potential buyer. I should have an update later this week.
Patrick.Wade.Tuba
bugler
bugler

This horn has SOLD