Category Link "tree" broken?

Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
Forum rules
Feedback or suggestions. Be kind. Admin has final decision for any/all removed posts.
proam
bugler
bugler

Category Link "tree" broken?

Post by proam »

What I am calling the category link tree (don't know the proper name, though I should) at the top under the TubeNet logo:

Board index < Music < TubeNet

for example, is broken. When you enter into anything in the Music category, the category link tree shows says Non-music, eg,

Board index < Non-music < TubeNet

instead of Music and, when clicked, does, indeed, go to Non-Music. I believe this is true for all music categories though I only checked a couple.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Category Link "tree" broken?

Post by bort »

The "Advanced Search" feature doesn't seem to work properly either... the categories are not displaying properly as they did before.

For example, you can't choose just to search the For Sale forum.

Not a complaint, just letting you know what I saw!
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

The tree is broken but all the forums are there and available. I'll do some experimentation a little at a time to correct the issues. Can't promise anything.
--farah chisham
jpwell
bugler
bugler

Post by jpwell »

Talk with the trombone chat ppl their stuff seems to work good
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

bort wrote:The "Advanced Search" feature doesn't seem to work properly either... the categories are not displaying properly as they did before.

For example, you can't choose just to search the For Sale forum.

Not a complaint, just letting you know what I saw!
I like that, Brett. Your attitude of "no complaint, just reporting" is very good. This BBS has been a real blessing to all of us for many years, and the price is certainly right. Keep up the good work, Farah and Mark.

Ace
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

jpwell wrote:Talk with the trombone chat ppl their stuff seems to work good
I have contacts with a couple developers. Their board is running an updated version. In order to update the software, it would require us to read up on SQL and PHP to help with development. It's like working backwards rather than forward so the learning curve is steep. What I'm doing is creating a dummy board and figure out how to upgrade the forum using info I wouldn't mind torching. I'm also working more than full time, practically and am going on the road soon. Which might sound bad, but being on the road and on the bus most of the time allows me more time to read.

--fc
--farah chisham
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Farah, thanks for all your efforts.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Thank you, Farah!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?