Miraphone 1291 for Trade

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
jonathanb11
bugler
bugler

Miraphone 1291 for Trade

Post by jonathanb11 »

I'm looking to trade my Miraphone 1291 CC tuba for something bigger. I can't sell the horn right now because I can't be without a CC tuba as I'm about to go back to school. I'm 6"5 and even with a stand this horn isn't super comfortable for me to hold.It's a great instrument. There are some obvious signs of wear and some small dents. There is some dent damage to the bell, while no it doesn't look great it has no affect on the way it plays. It's not your typical stock 1291. It has Wilk valve caps and stems. The valves are vented and the slides are lapped. As you might be able to tell by the pictures there has been some bracing moved on the horn to open it up and the result is fantastic. All the work was done by Martin Wilk. The plays much bigger than it looks! It also comes with usual blue gig bag. The bag is in ok shape. Some of the zippers aren't great and one is broke but it will still definitely protect the horn. In a perfect world I would like to trade for a PT 6 but I'm open to any offers as long as it's bigger than the 1291. I attached a link to the pictures. Hopefully it works! If you have something to offer please either email me at jbrads15@vols.utk.edu" target="_blank" target="_blank or text me at (423)-248-6138. Thanks! :tuba:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 8GEfnI2N6h" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by jonathanb11 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Miraphone 1291 for Trade

Post by bort »

This is the tuba Alexander Lapins is using in a few YouTube videos (Bach cello suites?). Sounds amazing!
jonathanb11
bugler
bugler

Post by jonathanb11 »

Yes, it's Dr. Lapins old horn. If you want to hear what it sounds like go to his YouTube channel. He's also got some great videos of him playing his Eastman 6/4. He sounds fantastic on that horn!
jonathanb11
bugler
bugler

Post by jonathanb11 »

Bump. I know the post is a bit old but I'm still looking for a different tuba. PM me if anyone is interested. :tuba:
jonathanb11
bugler
bugler

Post by jonathanb11 »

One thing to add. If someone has a horn that fits what I'm looking for I would possibly entertain the idea of selling mine and buying yours. I'm open to any big CC tuba. If I was to buy one I'd say my budget would be around $7,000-$7,500 as that's probably what I could sell mine for. Again, I'll only sell mine if I'm offered something good enough to buy. If that were to happen I'll make a separate post of that. Thanks and offer away! :tuba: