WTB Sellmansberger Imperial Two Piece style underpart

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
JayW
4 valves
4 valves

WTB Sellmansberger Imperial Two Piece style underpart

Post by JayW »

Looking for someone willing to part with their Imperial Blokepiece , American Shank ... but the old two part style ( I have the old style rim and prefer the look of it on the old style body)

PM me or feel free to e-mail tubajas (at) optonline (dot) net
Last edited by JayW on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
proud new owner of a kick arse Eastman 632
Photographer
Dog Lover
Hiker
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: WTB Sellmansberger Imperial Two Piece style underpart

Post by iiipopes »

When you get one, as I did, do not hesitate to experiment with rims, spacer thicknesses, etc., because it can be fine-tuned to your particular breath support and the response of the tuba. As in my signature, I use the 32.6 Mod-H Lexan rim with a spacer that has been narrowed by about half, (this was before bloke started offering "profundo" rims) and it works perfectly with my Bessophone.

Good luck in your quest. It will be worth it.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
JayW
4 valves
4 valves

Post by JayW »

iiipopes wrote:When you get one, as I did, do not hesitate to experiment with rims, spacer thicknesses, etc., because it can be fine-tuned to your particular breath support and the response of the tuba. As in my signature, I use the 32.6 Mod-H Lexan rim with a spacer that has been narrowed by about half, (this was before bloke started offering "profundo" rims) and it works perfectly with my Bessophone.

Good to know! Thanks!. I currently have the Symphony and a few of the parker designs as well that I like.... but am hoping this can be that in between piece that I have been searching for. The idea of playing with spacers sounds fun, to dial it in.
Jay
Photographer
Dog Lover
Hiker
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

JayW wrote:
iiipopes wrote:When you get one, as I did, do not hesitate to experiment with rims, spacer thicknesses, etc., because it can be fine-tuned to your particular breath support and the response of the tuba. As in my signature, I use the 32.6 Mod-H Lexan rim with a spacer that has been narrowed by about half, (this was before bloke started offering "profundo" rims) and it works perfectly with my Bessophone.

Good to know! Thanks!. I currently have the Symphony and a few of the parker designs as well that I like.... but am hoping this can be that in between piece that I have been searching for. The idea of playing with spacers sounds fun, to dial it in.
Oversimplified analogy, leading to some interesting private conversations with Bob Tucci (whose family are also Mopar enthusiasts): too shallow a cup, and you can't get everything you can out of the tuba; too deep a cup, and you lose articulation response, just like having the right mounting spacer thickness between the carburetor and the intake manifold: too thin, and the engine can't produce all the horsepower it can; too thick, and there is throttle lag.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
JayW
4 valves
4 valves

Post by JayW »

bump .... also interested in solo as well
Jay
Photographer
Dog Lover