WTB Lead pipe & valve caps for Martin Medium Eb tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

WTB Lead pipe & valve caps for Martin Medium Eb tuba

Post by Ken Herrick »

Before WTB goes - Anybody with a drawer of old parts have something???? Old Conn or something might do.

My old 1917 Martin Medium Eb (top action 3+1) is about ready to go back together but I would like to replace at least 1 top valve cap and the lead pipe.
The present cap works but has a piece missing in the thread section. The dimensions for it are:
cap inside diameter =1.010in. the valve casing OD is 1.037in. (Sounds wrong but the male threads on casing are larger on their extreme outer edge than the inner edge of the female threads on the cap. Looks to be 36TPI.

The lead pipe has been repaired previously - possibly several times - and appears to have been split for most of its length. It works and is air tight but one which has not been through a near death experience would be preferred.
This is a TOP action model and the old pipe measures .617in ID. A .620in bore pipe would probably do nicely.

Please contact me by PM or email: kenshorse at gmail dot com with details of what you have and a price (plus postage/packing to Australia)
Free to tuba: good home
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

Re: WTB Lead pipe & valve caps for Martin Medium Eb tuba

Post by Ken Herrick »

A bump before this forum gets killed…………...
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ken Herrick »

Thanks , Joe: the dimensions for the cap are given.
The horn is in many pieces so not practical to do photo shoot at the moment as the old 186 is the one taking precedence now.

I was just hoping somebody might see the request and think, Hmmmm, I might have that.
Ken Herrick
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ken Herrick »

Again, thanks Bloke.

My work space is fully taken over by the 186 right now but, I'll get pics and specs for Martin parts together in the next few days and pass them on for your perusal/advice.