Kanstul Project Horns

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
AaronC1901
bugler
bugler

Re: Kanstul Project Horns

Post by AaronC1901 »

Somebody bought that tuba for really cheap from Kanstul and is now reselling it.
1918 Martin Medium Eb *FOR SALE*
Wessex Strauss *FOR SALE*
Gnagey King/Hn White CC frankentuba *FOR SALE*
2018 Campbell & Mundheim Tenor Sousa prototype
Chris Kratt mini Eb sousa
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

AaronC1901 wrote:Somebody bought that tuba for really cheap from Kanstul and is now reselling it.
Not that cheap..he's not going to be making any profit off that. If anything, breaking even at best.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Post by sugawi »

If it’s the same as sold by Kanstul on eBay he can make some $$$, that one sold for $1,000.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

sugawi wrote:If it’s the same as sold by Kanstul on eBay he can make some $$$, that one sold for $1,000.
A recent visit to the factory and there was only 1 of these available for sale. Their asking price was in the $3000 range cash. Sometimes eBay listings that show “best offer received” don’t show nearly the price agreed upon by the seller to the public browsing the ad. Kanstul would never let this horn go for $1000 or I would have gotten it.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Post by sugawi »

Last edited by sugawi on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

*Edited*
The guy who bought the "$1500" one also spent more than the visible price (the one without the bell). Like I said, in person their asking price was >$3000. An offer was made and I promise they didn't let it go for as cheap as you think. The horn played "ok" because it was one of their early prototypes and was very pitchy.
Last edited by groth on Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Post by sugawi »

If someone has too much time on their hands here is discussion on Kanstul situation...
https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/vie ... sc&start=0
Last edited by sugawi on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

EDITED*
Well, I just telling the way it was when I was negotiating with them. They listed as auction starting at $1250 with option to send the offer. I sent them offer for $1000, they sent counter offer for $1,350. Plus shipping/handling it was around $1,550. It was for complete horn with bell, not sure about cases. Any company that price their product at MSRP of close to $15,000 and willing to let it go for less than 10% of that must be facing some tough times, or maybe something particular about this horn that they’re willing to sell that cheap. My problem with this horn wasn’t even that, it just not what I needed though the price was ridiculously cheap.[/quote]
Well, they 'are' going out of business. So if that is true, it doesn't surprise me. Their production shop was nearly empty in the middle of the day (no employees but Troy left on that side of it), and all their machines were for sale as well. They are just liquidating everything. Good job China, you win apparently. :x
Last edited by groth on Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
sugawi
3 valves
3 valves

Post by sugawi »

They also had or still have some kind of a blowout sale advertised via Facebook some time ago...
http://www.kanstul.com/wp-content/uploa ... celist.pdf
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

Those will probably all go to schools, sad to see such a liquidation. I knew after the old man passed, this might happen. Perfect storm of new Chinese horns hitting the market for less plus that..