Wisemann 900 SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Wisemann 900 SOLD

Post by TMX1803 »

Hello, for sale is my Wisemann C900 tuba, 5/4 size, pitched in CC, 4 piston + 1 rotary, the brass/lacquered model. In the year or so that I've owned it, I've shifted my focus almost entirely to bass, so it's time to let her go. This is a really amazing instrument for its price, and is at least as good at the PT6P its based on. It has a big sound, good intonation, and in my experience is a breeze to play for its size.

There are a couple of little abrasions, but nothing substantial enough to call a dent (and everything is pictured). The leadpipe and thumb ring are corresponding parts from the PT6P - the old leadpipe was developing red rot and the thumb ring was not used by the previous owner, and he couldn't find it when he sold it to me. The new gold brass leadpipe had to be modified to fit right, but the work was done well and it still plays just as great as it ever has.

This includes the original "hard" case, which is pretty functional (but oddly doesn't fit great) and a great Cronkhite gig bag. I am located in the San Fransisco Bay area and would prefer not to ship... but if you want to pay for it I suppose I'm open to it. Looking for a flexible $5000.
Thanks for reading!
Joseph
Last edited by TMX1803 on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Re: Wisemann 900

Post by TMX1803 »

Bump and update - I am really hoping to sell as soon as I can now, make me an offer.
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Post by TMX1803 »

Bump
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Post by TMX1803 »

bump, price drop, the usual
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Post by TMX1803 »

Bump again. OBO is a key word because you have zero competition so far :')
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Post by TMX1803 »

Another bump, still very open to offers :)
TMX1803
lurker
lurker

Post by TMX1803 »

bloke wrote:One of the pictures seems to hint that the mouthpipe tube might be made of 80:20 (high copper) alloy brass. If “yes“, that would be a plus. If not, regular 70:30 would not be a negative.
Yep, that's right. The original was oxidized/corroded when I bought it - I think I mentioned it in the post - and I've heard from others that the stock leadpipes on the wisemann tend to do that. It hadn't leaked or broken, but the previous owner already had the replacement part on order, so he gave it to me a couple months later when it came in.

Additionally, the tuba is now on hold for sale - I'll update if it is back on the market, or delete when it is sold.

Joseph