*SOLD*FS: New Condition Eastman EBC836

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

*SOLD*FS: New Condition Eastman EBC836

Post by Chris Olka »

Hey folks, I bought this Eastman 836 6/4 CC tuba in silver plate last November from Milano’s Music. It was picked from a batch of four and is in like-new condition. I’ve used it for a week of Nutcrackers with Cincinnati Ballet and the rest of the time it’s lived in my basement as my practice tuba and stayed undamaged and kept in new condition...except for fingerprints!

This particular horn has the best low range of any of the horns of this model I’ve every played. Like playing a 4/4 Meinl Weston 2155/Thor etc. Only reason I’m selling is to make room in my bank account for a number of different types and keys of tubas in the coming year. I’ve got THREE York style tubas and don’t really need FOUR...or so my wife says.

Horn comes with a brand new Eastman/Messina gig bag and Shires 2E mouthpiece. Price is $10,250 and I’d prefer local pickup if possible. Dinner and beer on me for anyone that buys it locally. If shipped, buyer pays freight and insurance. Save yourself the wait and $600+ and have a cherry picked version. Potential buyers are welcome to come and try it by appointment.

Thanks for looking.
Last edited by Chris Olka on Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
RamonGJr
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: New Condition Eastman EBC836

Post by RamonGJr »

PM Sent
Ramón Garavito, Jr.
Instructor of Tuba & Euphonium
Blinn College
Miraphone 291 Bruckner CC
Custom Yamaha YFB-621 w/ 821 Bell (Sam Pilafian Design)
[Feel free to ask about it!]
TubaPoPs
lurker
lurker

Post by TubaPoPs »

PM sent
Rubix
lurker
lurker

Post by Rubix »

Darn,

I've got one on order from my local dealer and it's been 5 months waiting so far, should be here next month. Hope mine is even close to as good as this one. Had I known this was going to come up... handpicked from a group... I would have waited for the opportunity!

Someone's getting a great horn!
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Chris Olka »

I’ve been swamped with inquiries about the horn. Sorry for delay in getting to them all. I’ve got a local buyer coming tomorrow. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll reply to all the PMs and post here.
Thanks so much for the interest!
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
Chris Olka
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Chris Olka »

Horn was sold last weekend locally. Sorry for the delayed update. I was out of town until this morning. Thanks for the flood of interest and stay tuned. May have a few more things going out the door.
Best,
Chris Olka
Cincinnati Symphony
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Re: *SOLD*FS: New Condition Eastman EBC836

Post by MikeMason »

Like 2 yamayorks? :shock:
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony