German tenor tuba/baritone improvements and enhancements Bookmark and Share

Re: German tenor tuba/baritone improvements and enhancements

Postby bloke » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Matt,

Eventually I'll be heading your way. I haven't seen my daughter - down there - literally in years. Logistical problems (preventing trips away from home for more than a day or so) are being solved. When I head down, I'm bringing this thing, and you and I can play show-and-tell...along with a duet or two.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Postby bloke » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:49 am

My mouthpiece search (ONE, that does EVERYTHING darn well...and I have found mouthpieces that do this/that/the-other well) has been somewhat exhaustive, and has delved deep into esoterica.

Some common mouthpieces do pretty well, and some exotics do pretty well.

A friend of mine picked up a 50-to-60 year-old mouthpiece on eBay that (when tested, as I'm restoring/re-plating it for them for use on another type of instrument) out-performs all the rest.

I contacted the original (European) supplier, and they found (only) one (old/new: box covered with dust) on the shelf.
I will have it, soon. 8)

What is it? :? :?:
:arrow: :idea: Don't worry about it...I got the last one, and you don't play a kaiser bariton. :lol:
bloke

Postby iiipopes » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:58 pm

bloke wrote:My mouthpiece search (ONE, that does EVERYTHING darn well...and I have found mouthpieces that do this/that/the-other well) has been somewhat exhaustive, and has delved deep into esoterica.

Some common mouthpieces do pretty well, and some exotics do pretty well.

A friend of mine picked up a 50-to-60 year-old mouthpiece on eBay that (when tested, as I'm restoring/re-plating it for them for use on another type of instrument) out-performs all the rest.

I contacted the original (European) supplier, and they found (only) one (old/new: box covered with dust) on the shelf.
I will have it, soon. 8)

What is it? :? :?:
:arrow: :idea: Don't worry about it...I got the last one, and you don't play a kaiser bariton. :lol:

I love it when a person finds the pearl in the pig pen. Congrats!
"Bessophone" w/ 2-piece Imperial Blokepiece,
Lexan 32.6 Modified Helleberg rim & modified .080 extender
Wessex BR115 & B&H 3-valve comp w/ Wick Ultra SMB6
King Super 20 trumpet w/ Bach 3C/76
Fanned fret bass and electric guitars
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Postby bloke » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm

iiipopes wrote:I love it when a person finds the pearl in the pig pen. Congrats!

Thanks...
Yeah, I'm tickled.

Some other mouthpiece might be slightly more secure on the oxcart song in Pictures...and another might be slightly better for playing the bottom/fourth parts in Robert King Renaissance adaptations...

...but this one WILL do both of those "well"...and - yeah - I've been looking for something like that to keep in the case all the time.
bloke

Previous

Return to Repair, Modification, and Construction