WTB Eb Tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
pakins51
bugler
bugler

WTB Eb Tuba

Post by pakins51 »

I’m looking to get a used 4 valve Eb tuba. A Wessex champion or something similar would be perfect but I’d also be fine with something like an old conn front action monster Eb (24j I think but not the recording bell BBb one). My max price is $2,250. Let me know what you have!
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Re: WTB Eb Tuba

Post by Ltrain »

You're saying completely different/opposing things. But I've been there/done that, so I'll try to help.

You say you're looking at a Wessex Champion - this is a 3 + 1 compensator, which is fine...

But then you say you're looking at Conn Monster, front action - harder and harder to come by as these are highly sought after as project horn fodder (sometimes the Ebs get restored, but often the bell and bugle is used for compact CC and even BBb "Frankenhorns")

Your budget is a bit on the low side, but here's some other intel:

If you want the York vibe and you can extend your budget, Daniel Ridder (kontrabasstuba) - has a fair asking Price for a Kanstul 66 that you'll see I just bumped in the FS section.

In better respect to your max budget, I know someone looking to trade a PT-22 (4+1 5/4 Eb) for a nice BBb tuba. If you have a worthy trade, PM me and I'll introduce you.

And for what it's worth, Michael Parker (tubabike) seems to really be enjoying his Wessex Bomino ($2,535 new, albeit sold out). I think Wessex will be restocking these shortly based on their visit to the factory happening now as I type this.

Lastly, if you can stretch your budget just a wee bit more, talk Matt Walters (Matt Walters) about what kind of pricing he can do for you on the demo Eastman 851 (15" bell, 4v-front-comp) he has at Dillion's right now... I just bought a 853 from him (17" bell version). I played it, it's very nice and zippy!

Good luck!
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
pakins51
bugler
bugler

Post by pakins51 »

I was just saying I’d be fine with something similar in style to a Conn monster, four valve front action, but a compensating one would be better. I can’t really raise my price too much at the moment but I’ll look into those thank you.
Douglas
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Post by Douglas »

forums.chisham.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87991

This one is pretty good.
Doug Black, D.M.A.
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist