Gotz Supersac -- 6/4 gig bag -- $50

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Gotz Supersac -- 6/4 gig bag -- $50

Post by bort »

Time to sell the gig bag that came with my B&S PT7 and get something new for my PT6. Here are all the details that I could possibly think of; let me know if you have questions or need more information.

Details!
  • This was a perfect fit for the PT7 -- about 40" tall, bell diameter about 19.7". My PT6 is a similar height and 19" bell diameter, so it fits well.. but the PT7 is also wider than the PT6, so there is some wiggle room for the PT6 inside the bag. Nothing extreme, but noticeable. I'm picky, and want something that fits the PT6 perfectly.
  • This is a Gotz Supersac, made in Germany. I've owned several of these over the years, and they are very well made! It has the B&S patch sewn onto the bag at the factory. The bag is dark blue, and the leather trim/handles are black. Interior is red. I believe this is the bag you get when you order a B&S tuba from the factory with a gig bag. My PT7 was built in the year 2000. I wouldn't be surprised if this bag was from around 2000 as well.
  • Overall, the bag has seen a lot of use and shows a lot of wear, but I think it has a lot of life left in it.
  • The bag is fully functional; all of the handles and backpack straps are solid and have no issues.
  • One of the zipper pulls on the bell cap is broken (see photo). The other zipper pull works fine, and the zipper itself moves freely.
  • The padding is "ok"... there is still some protection via padding, and the fabric is heavy duty so it will protects against minor dents, scratches, etc. I don't want to exaggerate it either way. It is serviceable and will allow easy transport from point A to point B. But you'll want to be careful with this bag.
  • Some spots on the bell cap have minor tears and cuts in the fabric. As far as I can tell, they aren't going to grow any larger or keep tearing. But, they exist, so you should know about them. The stitching of the zipper is solid, and no issues with the zipper separating from the surrounding fabric.
  • Inside of the bag is in good shape, but it shows "tuba dirt" from many years of service (tuning slide grease, etc).
  • Mouthpiece pouch on inside of the bell cap is in good shape.
  • Reinforced vinyl(?) lining on the inside of the bag up against the valves (so nothing will catch on the red felt).
  • I will clean/vacuum the bag the best I can before shipping. But again, it's got a lot of miles on it, so it isn't going to be totally clean and new.
Terms of sale:
  • Price is $50, plus shipping. I'm not sure how much to guess for shipping, but can get a quote in the next few days. Located in Minneapolis, if you are local and want to pick up, that's cool with me.
  • As I mentioned, I'm going to order a NEW gig bag for my PT6, so I will need this bag until the new one arrives.
  • To be clear: I won't be able to ship this until I receive my new bag. I'm guessing it will be 3-4 weeks for that.
Photos available here... be kind, I realize they aren't the best quality. I'll try to re-take them in better lighting when the weather allows. I also realized I forgot a rear-view photo of the straps. Will update that when I have a chance.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-073w ... zuQE_QzJVh

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks! :tuba:
Last edited by bort on Mon May 20, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Gotz Supersac -- 6/4 gig bag -- $75

Post by bort »

Bump!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Gotz Supersac -- 6/4 gig bag -- $75

Post by bort »

Price too high? Let's talk!