FS: Tuba Mouthpieces

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

FS: Tuba Mouthpieces

Post by shinytuba7 »

Hi all! Here is a list of mouthpieces I'm looking to sell:

Floyd O. Cooley Helleberg - SOLD
Has some plating loss and a little bit of wear on the shank, but no nicks on the rim and the shank is 100% straight. You can get these from Josef Klier when I asked about making a copy of it when I was using it a ton. The thread can be found here, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79212. My playing style has changed a bunch and this needs to find a new home. The plating loss is not bad at all. All cosmetic around the outer cup and shank. Nothing on the rim or inner cup where you would come into contact with while playing.

Arnold Jacobs Tuba Mouthpiece Centennial Edition - $55
description here: https://canadianbrassstore.com/arnold-j ... l-edition/.
Still in the packaging, basically brand new. I had purchased this one as a backup to another one and something special, but I don't have the one I was using anymore, so I might as well get rid of this one too. My loss, your gain. These are not available through the website anymore.

-Wedge SM Solo Delrin Heavyweight - $40
description here: https://wedgemouthpiece.com/sm-solo-tub ... e-acrylic/.
I believe this was the first Delrin version of this mouthpiece made. Due to an issue with obtaining the blanks, a multipurpose blank was used for this mouthpiece. It made the outer contour of the mouthpiece slightly different and the throat slight larger. This is also the heavyweight, meaning it has more mass around the cup than standard mouthpieces, which I am not sure if they still offer. I ordered this in 2014 and I believe they may have moved to a new 2.0 version, but I cannot find anything related to that mentioned on their current website. The website also mentions Acrylic for the material for the mouthpieces. This mouthpiece is made out of Delrin and would have to be a custom order if they were to agree to it.
Here are some more details about the mouthpiece when it was first announced, https://wedgemouthpiece-blog.tumblr.com ... ature-tuba

X-D MO 32.3mm LH Stainless Screw Rim H-Kote titanium coating - $50
description here: https://housermouthpiece.net/shop/laske ... tyle-rims/.
Titanium coating on this extra deep rim. Found the rim I enjoy, so I don't need this one. It seems as though this configuration is not available through the Houser website. The standard depth rim with the coating is on sale as of 5/23/21 for $88. You can get a delrin cup extender that will add 4mm to the depth. This rim will only add 3mm.

Add $10 for shipping to all prices. I will only ship to the Continental US. All mouthpieces are located in Connecticut. If you purchase multiple mouthpieces/parts, I would be more than happy to waive the shipping cost.
*EDIT: Payment through PayPal only.*

Link to pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m0c6yg604yj5 ... xiEoa?dl=0

Please feel free to PM with any questions you have. Please let me know if you would like to see more pictures of the mouthpieces. I am not interested in trades at this time.

As always, thank you to everyone in advance for your interest and I hope you have a great day!
Last edited by shinytuba7 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: Tuba and Bass Trombone Mouthpieces

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump for added pictures and some updated descriptions. Again, please pm if you have any questions. If anyone is having issues viewing the photos, please feel free to pm me as well, and I can see if it is a permission issue or if I need to send them to you as attachments.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by happyroman »

FYI, even though the Mike Finn H is not listed on his website, he still sells them and you can order via direct email to him. I recently purchased one from him with gold plated rim and cup. He sent if to Goldchops who did the plating and then sent it directly to me, all in about a week.
Andy
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

happyroman wrote:FYI, even though the Mike Finn H is not listed on his website, he still sells them and you can order via direct email to him. I recently purchased one from him with gold plated rim and cup. He sent if to Goldchops who did the plating and then sent it directly to me, all in about a week.
Well that's great to know and glad people have the option to purchase it directly from him still!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump. Would love to sell these or trade them for bloke-parts or bloke-compatible parts. If/when I sell most of them, bloke will be hearing from me!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

I know I just bumped this, but I have lowered the prices on some of the mouthpieces a bit as I looked at them and said they were a bit high. So bump for lowered prices!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump! I would love to trade for some mouthpiece components!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

That Mike Finn H is a fine mouthpiece. I used to own one, and liked it a lot. Very pretty in the two-tone!
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by happyroman »

bort wrote:That Mike Finn H is a fine mouthpiece. I used to own one, and liked it a lot. Very pretty in the two-tone!
This is my go to mouthpiece. It quite possibly has the most comfortable rim I have ever played. The modest heavy weight blank really provides for a very resonant sound, too.
Andy
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump for lowered prices. Would really love to trade for any of the components I have listed in the OP, but I could use the cash!

PM with questions!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: Tuba and Trombone Mouthpieces

Post by shinytuba7 »

Just added a few trombone mouthpieces, as it seems that is all anyone wants to purchase...... BUMP!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump for some price updates on the Trombone mouthpieces and the Wedge mouthpieces. I don't like the Wedge rim personally and I don't have a trombone, so I can't really use those!
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump.

Removed some sold mouthpieces, lowered a few of the prices, and added a couple of mouthpieces.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump! Feel free to message me with offers! Would love to just get these to someone who will actually use them.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump for an added mouthpiece. Feel free to message me if you are interested in any/all of the mouthpieces. I would love to move these, since I have found a mouthpiece system that works well for me.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump for some added mouthpieces and rims.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump. Haven't gotten the Cooley polished yet, but will be getting that up soon. Honestly, I forgot I updated this post with mouthpieces I have......
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Re: FS/FT: Tuba Mouthpieces

Post by shinytuba7 »

Bump. Resurrecting an old thread as I found my password again. I still have these mouthpieces for sale and would like to sell them.
Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT