Found: cheapo 3v Eb

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
WakinAZ
Community Band Button-Masher

Found: cheapo 3v Eb

Post by WakinAZ »

---Found---
Hey gang, looking for an eefer just a level or two above wall-hanger.
It should have decent valve compression (pass the pull a valve slide/depress the valve/hear a pop test) and be smaller and bell up. No monsters or bell fronts please.

It should be mechanically sound with all valves and slides working if possible. Appearances aren't especially important, but it'd be nice if it wasn't trashed. normal amounts of dents okay, but I don't want a project horn.

A mouthpiece or case or even a fourth valve would be a bonus.
(Also looking for a decent condition small shank E-flat mouthpiece to fit a tuba such as described above. A hundred bucks or so for a Wick is a little more than I want to spend.)

the price should be well below $500. I see a couple candidates on the Baltimore brass website at around $350 or so to give you an idea of the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Eric
Last edited by WakinAZ on Thu May 16, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: WTB: cheapo 3v Eb

Post by The Big Ben »

WakinAZ wrote:Hey gang, looking for an eefer just a level or two above wall-hanger.
It should have decent valve compression (pass the pull a valve slide/depress the valve/hear a pop test) and be smaller and bell up. No monsters or bell fronts please.
I have one of these: AEB 211

http://www.amati.cz/en/brasswind-instruments/tubas" target="_blank

(scroll down the page.)

It is in reasonable shape. The valves aren't great but they aren't bad. I had it chem-cleaned last year so there isn't anything growing inside. It runs out of gas at about Bb below the staff and up above G at the top of the staff. It would come with a Denis Wick mouthpiece (3L I think- the horn is in another part of the house.) No case. It is the kind of thing that they used to use to reduce the number of horrible 12 year old trumpet players by turning them into horrible tuba players. Some stick with it and get good. Others go eat ice cream. I think they go straight to BBb these days. If this is the kind of thing you would want, check out the Amati description and PM or email me. We can talk price and delivery. If you want pictures, I will have to take some but that would not be a problem. raoul at olympus dot net.

Extra bonus: It has "Boston Public Schools 1974" neatly engraved (by a real human engraver with a real engraving tool) around the underside of the bell rim. I should charge more for that but I'll give you a break and not charge more even though it really is a piece of Beantown History.