B&S Symphonie Flight Case Recs

The bulk of the musical talk
topguy123
lurker
lurker

B&S Symphonie Flight Case Recs

Post by topguy123 »

Hi,

I've been looking for a while now for a flight case for by B&S Symphonie, but it's hard to find anything that fits the measurements online. Does anyone have any recommendations or can point me in the right direction to find something that fits? The dimensions are around 38.5 x 15.

Thanks,
Spencer
olaness1
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S Symphonie Flight Case Recs

Post by olaness1 »

Hi,

I had to buy one of these a while back, and ended up with a Winter case (2089FBS Special), designed for a Bb tuba, with the padding inside designed to fit the tuba WITH gig bag inside. Works a dream. I got mine from Bob Tucci if that's any use.

Ola
greenbean
Superfine Cases
Superfine Cases

Post by greenbean »

I think one of the Miraphone bags will fit well.

But, with a horn like that... assuming I loved it... I would consider having Goetz or Cronkhite make a bag for it.
-----
Tom Rice
http://www.superfinecases.com
Mirafone 184 BBb
B&M Marzan BBb
1974 Besson Eb
olaness1
bugler
bugler

Post by olaness1 »

Hi Greenbean,

yes, I had a Goetz bag made for it, as the gig bag I already had was a very loose fit. Combo of the Goetz bag and the Winter case to fiti it in is superb.
topguy123
lurker
lurker

Post by topguy123 »

bloke wrote:Put it into something sturdy that fits a 186 or 188, and add some extra padding...perhaps the extra padding could be your regular carry bag + an inflated "play" ball (Walmart or dollar store - $3 - $4) in the bell throat that extends out c. 2 - 3 inches past the bell rim.

to/from where are you planning to fly?
I'm planning to fly to Tennessee this summer from LA for a music festival. Do you know which cases in particular might be a good fit?
Diego A. Stine
bugler
bugler

Post by Diego A. Stine »

A Walt Johnson plus a gig bag is a minimum regarding protection. If you can find one, the MW aluminum cases are great. Add lots of bubble wrap and a note for TSA. I've put, "This instrument is my livelihood. Please treat it carefully." So far, no damage to my F tuba. It may be beginner's luck, though, as I've only flown with my F twice.
Diego Stine
Gronitz PCK
B&S 3099/W/2