5/4 piston for rotor swap possibilities?

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

5/4 piston for rotor swap possibilities?

Post by tubadoctor »

Hello all. Just curious if anyone has a large rotor CC but wishes. They had a piston horn instead? Not overly eager to get rid of my Thor yet, but it turns out as much as I’m hoping to be a piston guy I’m yearning for rotors. I’ve got a wonderful 3/4 rudy and if one ever comes along, I’d love to get a big rudy to go along with her. Or a decent 188 or something similar. Not interested in newer Chinese clones at this time. If you have an old alex, rudy, mirafone, or something similar please let me know. I’m located in upstate NY about an hour outside of the city. I’d be happy to send photos for anyone who’s interested at all and more than happy to link up to play test if we are able.
The Thor is the big bell version. In great shape. Intonation is great, and it’s a resonant beast of a horn. I’m honesty in no rush to get rid of it but figured I’d toss out the trade offer just in case. I had a beautiful 5/4 rudy, an amazing 188, and even an in tune alex over the past few decades, and as great as this 5450 is for me I still find myself pining for the feel and sound of my old rotor horns. Thanks either way!!
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Re: 5/4 piston for rotor swap possibilities?

Post by tubadoctor »

could be interested in Rotor BBb horns, as well.. thanks!
JonAldave
lurker
lurker

Re: 5/4 piston for rotor swap possibilities?

Post by JonAldave »

Pm sent