[Sold] Silver King 2341 BBb Tuba $5,000 OBO

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
JarmonIsom
lurker
lurker

[Sold] Silver King 2341 BBb Tuba $5,000 OBO

Post by JarmonIsom »

New model silver King 2341 BBb tuba. This tuba is a great tuba and in amazing condition. Comes with a hardshell case. Im surprised I’m actually parting with it. Looking to trade for a nice CC tuba. Maybe an Eastman. Tuba plays in tune and has a nice big sound. Perfect for high schoolers and BBb players not wanting to switch to CC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JarmonIsom on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ltrain
3 valves
3 valves

Re: 4/4 King 2341WS BBb Tuba $6,300

Post by Ltrain »

Argh to both of us... 6 months ago, I would have gladly traded my 632 for this horn :shock:
Eastman 853 Eb ("Edith")
1963 King 1250 Sousaphone ("Jackie O")
Aguilar Amplification
--------------
Founder, L Train Brass Band
groth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by groth »

Question is why get rid of a perfectly good well built American horn like this? I'd argue in it's case over an Eastman, unless you're simply wanting a C horn..:(
JarmonIsom
lurker
lurker

Post by JarmonIsom »

I absolutely love my BBb, but one of the requirements for our Symphony band is to play CC tuba. I bought a St. Petersburg piston CC about a year ago because it was cheap and affordable and I was just starting out. Since then my BBb is barely played other than a couple of checkups. In my opinion from playing a few CC tubas the 4/4 Eastman CC is a very similar set up to my King. It’s also affordable. I will be selling the St. Petersburg when I don’t have to use it. My goal is to have a CC and an F before I graduate with my undergrad.
tubagr8
bugler
bugler

Post by tubagr8 »

PM sent
Dan Bethel
Retired Navy Musician
BBb 1920 Martin
Wessex Eb Tuba ‘Tubby’
JCradler
pro musician
pro musician

Post by JCradler »

Curious as to who imposed a CC requirement for your band. If the parts are being played well, what's the difference?
John Cradler
John Cradler
JarmonIsom
lurker
lurker

Post by JarmonIsom »

Bump
JarmonIsom
lurker
lurker

Re: *price drop* Silver King 2341 BBb Tuba $5,700

Post by JarmonIsom »

Bump
JarmonIsom
lurker
lurker

Post by JarmonIsom »

JCradler wrote:Curious as to who imposed a CC requirement for your band. If the parts are being played well, what's the difference?
John Cradler
Sorry I missed your question the first time I’m just now seeing it. It’s been a rule for a long time even before the director here now. There’s a couple of reasons I think it’s this way. Range and to make it easier to play most of the works we play. We tend to play a lot of wind band, famous works, and chamber music. Usually concerts over an hour filled with big works and 3 concerts at least a semester. 2nd reason there’s 3 bands and I’m sure it’s partially a vetting process. Someone has made it on BBb tuba but learned CC (provided by the school) the next semester. The CC tuba players are usually the harder working ones also or sound better to put it bluntly. The system has worked for pushing students to go past what they already know.
JarmonIsom
lurker
lurker

Re: *price drop* Silver King 2341 BBb Tuba $5,000 OBO

Post by JarmonIsom »

Bump?
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Re: *price drop* Silver King 2341 BBb Tuba $5,000 OBO

Post by MikeMason »

Jarmon is my student. He’s a stand up guy and the tuba is as-advertised.
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo