What companies Finance horns?

The bulk of the musical talk
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

What companies Finance horns?

Post by DouglasJB »

Just wondering, My wife and I were talking about the possibility of me going back to school to finish my Music Ed Degree. (I currently have a degree in music, with minors in Business Management and Entrepreneurship). Of this happens I will need to get back into playing CC tuba where the Eb wont do everything (doesn't stop me from trying currently). I am leaning towards a Larger CC tuba
My last CC was a 5V 6/4 Cerveny 691 and I loved using the larger horn for Orchestra and Band.
Dan Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Re: What companies Finance horns?

Post by Dan Tuba »

I wouldn't recommend financing an instrument through any of the Music companies that offer that service. I have financed instruments this way before, however you end up paying so much in interest that you could be well on your way to purchasing an additional tuba :shock:

If you "have" to finance an instrument purchase, I would recommend talking to local credit unions or banks to see about acquiring a line of credit or an "educational" type of loan that offers a discounted interest rate. I have also taken advantage of offers through PayPal, Affirm, and Synchrony for 6, 12, and up to 18 months 0 interest. However, I would only recommend doing that if you KNOW for SURE that you can pay the loan off before the end of the interest free period.

Off topic: Why do you feel the "need" to purchase another tuba to go back to school to complete your Education degree? Most schools have more than adequate tubas to utilize for large ensembles. Why do you need a large CC? Large BBb's are usually cheaper, and if you have to finance an instrument, this could save you $1XXXs of dollars.
Conn 25J
Holton 3+1 "Monster" EEb
Wessex XL
Giddings and Kelly Mouthpieces
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I like balance transfer Visa checks.

I pay 3% of the transfer amount and no more provided I pay it off in 18 months.

If I need more time I just use another check!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Post by DouglasJB »

For those asking the question, Why CC? I've played a CC tuba since my sophomore year in high school. CC is just what I prefer. I'm not purchasing or financing anything yet, I'm just curious what companies will do it. I will end up going back to the same school my original degree is from and they have a certain expectation of what to expect from me where I only graduated a short time ago.