Martin Handcraft Euphonuim Project

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Martin Handcraft Euphonuim Project

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

Up for sale is an old Martin Handcraft american-style Bb bari/euph. Its in silver plate with a dark patina, original detachable recording bell and three front actions pistons. It has a couple of issues which render it not playable at the moment, hence the label of "project".

Most notably, the leadpipe has several holes (looks like it was improperly bent in the past) which is the main factor in rendering it unplayable as is. The holes could be patched, or the leadpipe could be replaced depending on what the buyer wants to do.

The tenon that holds the bell on is loose needs to be resoldered, there is also one bell screw missing.

There are two loose braces on the body of the horn, one connecting the valve section to the bows, as well as on the main tuning slide brace.

The valves are in relatively good shape, with a minimal amount of plating missing they operate smoothly and without leaks as is, the third valve cap is not original.

All slides move smoothly except the bottom first slide, which I haven't pulled due to the loose braces.

I originally planned on having this work done myself, but I now find myself needing to clear some space and get some funds for other projects, so I'm passing this project on to someone else who'd like to tackle it.When finished, an excellent vintage horn should emerge.
Pictures detailing the whole horn as well as pictures of each of the above described issues:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-4Y8O ... 006d_N2gBC" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by SousaWarrior9 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Martin Handcraft Euphonuim Project

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

Price drop to $300. Pricing this to move, I need to create some space for new arrivals.

SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

Moving at the end of the month and I'd prefer not to have to pack this up. Make me an offer.

SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

Bump

SousaWarrior9
3 valves