WTB: Conn 52J

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

WTB: Conn 52J

Post by bort »

Asking for a friend... Anything out there? I see the one active listing for the 52J in Michigan. Anything else unlisted, or people thinking of selling?

Thanks! :tuba:
AaronC1901
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: Conn 52J

Post by AaronC1901 »

Lost interested in the 606?
1918 Martin Medium Eb *FOR SALE*
Wessex Strauss *FOR SALE*
Gnagey King/Hn White CC frankentuba *FOR SALE*
2018 Campbell & Mundheim Tenor Sousa prototype
Chris Kratt mini Eb sousa
shinytuba7
bugler
bugler

Post by shinytuba7 »

Mirafone 185
Mouthpieces FS/FT
Manbrass
bugler
bugler

Post by Manbrass »

That's a very good example of that model nice price point too.

Bort these may interest them as well. Not Conn but I wouldn't turn my nose at these. Especially that 186 it's incredible.
https://www.tubaexchange.com/collection ... -4-cc-tuba" target="_blank
https://www.tubaexchange.com/collection ... -4-cc-tuba" target="_blank
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Hi Brett,

I sold my 52J when I still lived in NY because I felt the Gnagey tuba that I ended up buying was very similar, but superior in sound, and pitch to the 52J. I ended up selling that too to get a larger tuba.

But, you might have seen that I have another Gnagey tuba for sale here. I would say it's better than a 52J, but this one only has 4 valves. Just a thought.
LITubaMitch
lurker
lurker

Post by LITubaMitch »

Bill Troiano wrote:Hi Brett,

I sold my 52J when I still lived in NY because I felt the Gnagey tuba that I ended up buying was very similar, but superior in sound, and pitch to the 52J. I ended up selling that too to get a larger tuba.

But, you might have seen that I have another Gnagey tuba for sale here. I would say it's better than a 52J, but this one only has 4 valves. Just a thought.
Funny enough, he sold this tuba to me, and I still have it to this day. I've been considering parting with it lately. Shoot me a message.
cherrm1
bugler
bugler

Post by cherrm1 »

I have a 52J, lacquer finish, formerly owned by Rob Phillips (Buckeye Brass & Winds) and Andrew Hitz of Boston Brass fame. I've considered moving to a larger horn (4/4+ to 5/4) for large ensemble playing. No concerns about the instrument whatsoever just searching off/on for something larger. PM if you want pictures or more information.
---
York/King Custom BBb (Tabor-built)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Thanks guys. All set now.

:tuba: