BBb Barcone mini sousa

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Tim Jackson
bugler
bugler

BBb Barcone mini sousa

Post by Tim Jackson »

I'm selling my baby BBb sousa. No brand name but maybe a Barcone. Has the Barcone scroll but no name engraved in the space.
I used this horn on a strolling jazz brunch... perfect. I think the bore is 590 or about 5/8". Plays well with a helleberg 7B mouthpiece and I used some larger bits to open it up a bit. I used it in several settings and it worked nicely. Lacquer is about 60%. A rare find these days! The other regular size sousa in the picture is a Holton Collegiate. Bell is 20" inches and the collar is 4.5"
Ready to play. Serious buyers should email or text with questions.

No case. But a 28" bass drum bag would probably do nicely.
I have a sousa gig bag made in India that is a little small for my 36K - I could sell that for $125 as part of a package.

price is $1000 plus shipping. Greyhound preferred.

Thanks for looking!
Tim jackson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tim Jackson on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sactubaguy59
bugler
bugler

Re: baby sousa

Post by sactubaguy59 »

Is it Bb?
Pm sent
1951 #2341 4 valve King with Holton Bell
2006 Miraphone #282
1960 Conn 14k 4 valve Bb standard bell or helicon bell option
Franken Helicon Conn 20k valves; Mammoth body; Miraphone bell
King fiberglass sousie with brass bell.
Conn24J
Tim Jackson
bugler
bugler

Re: Barcone sousa

Post by Tim Jackson »

This is a nice playing little sousa if you're into brass and have back problems. Also most convenient when it's time to throw it in someone's trunk!

Tim
SporkGod
lurker
lurker

Re: BBb Barcone mini sousa

Post by SporkGod »

PM Sent.
PRO
bugler
bugler

Re: BBb Barcone mini sousa

Post by PRO »