FS: Gnagey 4 Valve CC Tuba (on consignment at BBC)

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

FS: Gnagey 4 Valve CC Tuba (on consignment at BBC)

Post by Bill Troiano »

This past year, I asked Sam to make me a 4 valve CC tuba. I had planned to use it for jazz work when I didn't want to use my CC sousaphone and I did use it a few times. But, everyone loves the look and sound of my sousaphone for these gigs.

So, rather than having it just sitting around and not getting played, I'm putting it up for sale. It is typical of Sam's tubas and it plays great. It has a 2341 King valve section and an old York bell. It isn't the prettiest tuba out there, but it plays great and has that Yorkish sound.

I'm asking $3700.00 for it and it now includes a 3 year old Altieri gig bag in excellent condition. Buyer plays shipping. I still have the box that Sam shipped it to me in. I'm located in the north Austin, TX area. Email: tubabill@me.com" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... IxMmxEYy13" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Bill Troiano on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Re: FS: Gnagey 4 Valve CC Tuba - $3700.

Post by Bill Troiano »

Bump for price drop.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Bump City !!
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Bump City !! (So, you can make a more direct comparison to another Gnagey tuba for sale on this forum.)
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Bump City !!

I forgot to mention that I had Sam install strap rings on this tuba, so that I could play it standing.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Now that the other Gnagey tuba listed on this board has recently sold, I'll bump mine up there. It's a very fine 4 valve CC that's not getting played. That's the only reason I'm putting it up for sale.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Bump to include 3 year old Altieri gig bag in excellent condition. I was using the bag with another horn (186), but it really isn’t tall enough for that horn, so I'm including the bag with the Gnagey tuba.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Bump for Pictures, although I don’t know how to post them. I was using TinyPic and they went out of business. If someone can tell me of a free service I can use to post these pictures, I’d appreciate it. In the meantime, feel free to email me and I'll send pictures to you. Thanks!

tubabill@me.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

Bump for pictures, finally.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WMb9QQWg8Es36Jxq7" target="_blank" target="_blank"
anotherjtm2
3 valves
3 valves

Post by anotherjtm2 »

Bill Troiano wrote:Bump for pictures, finally.
Hey, that looks a lot like a horn that Kyle at Sam Bass music was working on last spring. If it's the same, it's pretty cute in person.
John Morris
- 1960s CC Scherzer/Sander
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Re: FS: Gnagey 4 Valve CC Tuba (pictures now posted)

Post by Bill Troiano »

It was at Sam Bass last Spring for a cleaning
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Re: FS: Gnagey 4 Valve CC Tuba (pictures now posted)

Post by Bill Troiano »

One last bump for this nice playing, not so nice looking tuba, before it goes to one of our well known tuba retail stores on consignment where more people can try it out.
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Re: FS: Gnagey 4 Valve CC Tuba (on consignment at BBC)

Post by Bill Troiano »

This tuba was just shipped to Baltimore Brass Co. today. If you’re attending USABTEW next month, Dave will probably have it there.
JeffMcd
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Gnagey 4 Valve CC Tuba (on consignment at BBC)

Post by JeffMcd »

Played it there today. It’s a nice free-blowing horn. Worth a serious look for anyone looking for a CC on a budget.