FS: Meinl Weston 2182 with Altieri Bag

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
alexjhof
lurker
lurker

FS: Meinl Weston 2182 with Altieri Bag

Post by alexjhof »

Hello all,

I must unfortunately part ways with my Meinl Weston 2182 and feel somebody on tubenet will get good use of it. The horn has been meticulously maintained since my purchase approximately two years ago, all tuning slides are smooth including first valve slide although I'll be the first to admit that they are NOT vented which can take some getting used to if you're somebody who likes to pull slides often. Tuning on the horn is quite good and partials seem to slot well especially pedal tones, low range (between F1 and F2) is also very good in comparison to most other F horns but I'll admit it's no Yamaha Custom and therefore requires SOME effort input to work out the nuances and low range funny business, but like I said much less effort than most other horns I've played and tried.

I purchased the tuba used and it does indeed show signs of regular use over the years; lacquer has begun to wear (especially around bottom bow), a few small scratches and scuff marks but no substantial denting nor bell flaring/bead bending. All water keys have a good seal and corks/felts have been recently replaced to maximize valve efficacy/minimize noise.

Asking $7,000, includes the horn, plus classic black/red pinstripe Altieri gig bag and Herbert Gronitz "Hamburg 5" F tuba mouthpiece. My attempts to add images to this post were futile as the files were too big, but feel free to either PM me or shoot me an email via alexjhof at yahoo.com and I will unleash the deluge of photos into your inbox. Horn is located in Sparta, NJ and price does not include shipping. I drive a conversion van and am therefore willing to deliver the horn anywhere within 400 miles of New Jersey, otherwise the price does not include shipping and anywhere outside that 400 mile radius will require shipment (unless you want to make the trek and pick it up yourself).

Any inquiries can either PM me or send me an email via alexjhof at yahoo.com

Thank you,
Alex
alexjhof
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2182 with Altieri Bag

Post by alexjhof »

Bump