FS: Meinl Weston 2155 CC Tuba SOLD

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
etmtuba
lurker
lurker

FS: Meinl Weston 2155 CC Tuba SOLD

Post by etmtuba »

Hello everyone,

I am looking to sell my Meinl Weston 2155 CC tuba. It is about 20 years old, and it is in good condition for its age. There is some lacquer wear and a couple dings which can be seen in the photos, but none of these issues affect the playability of the instrument.

As you may be able to see in the photos, red rot is starting to develop in the leadpipe. This does not have any effect on the instrument's playability currently, but eventually a leak will form in the leadpipe and it will need to be replaced. As a result, I am offering this instrument for a discounted price.

The instrument plays great - great intonation typical of 2155's, a very open, pure sound, and even response throughout the whole horn. It is a great all-around horn, big enough for orchestra and small enough for chamber music. I am only selling the instrument because I recently purchased a larger CC, and I don't have room in my budget for two CC tubas.

I am asking $6,350, but I will consider offers as well. This horn is a great player, and it could be played for years more until the leadpipe needs to be replaced. A leadpipe replacement is a relatively easy and inexpensive repair, and it does give the owner the opportunity to upgrade to the superior MW 45SLP leadpipe.

The horn is located in Pittsburgh, PA. I would be willing to discuss shipping if necessary.

Pictures are at this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Thanks for looking,
Ethan
Last edited by etmtuba on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
etmtuba
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2155 CC Tuba

Post by etmtuba »

Bump!
cfaytuba
lurker
lurker

Post by cfaytuba »

Bump, I got a chance to play this horn and it sounds great!
etmtuba
lurker
lurker

Post by etmtuba »

Thanks for the kind words Cole. Bump for price drop to $6600!
etmtuba
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2155 CC Tuba $6600

Post by etmtuba »

Bump, a good amount of interest but no takers yet!
etmtuba
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2155 CC Tuba $6600

Post by etmtuba »

Bump!
etmtuba
lurker
lurker

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2155 CC Tuba $6350

Post by etmtuba »

Bump for price drop to $6350!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: FS: Meinl Weston 2155 CC Tuba $6350

Post by bort »

How hard is it to get a 45SLP leadpipe? I still have it in my head that getting Buffet parts is not such an easy task.

Nice tuba... These are becoming less common these days!