Badger State Instrument Repair

The bulk of the musical talk
paulver

Badger State Instrument Repair

Post by paulver »

I have to go to the Chicago area for a family wedding next month, and will have some extra time to kill. Was thinking about taking my 1971 Miraphone 186 BBb up to Wisconsin to have the valves rebuilt or replaced..... as needed. Knowing that this will require some time to get accomplished AND another trip out that direction to pick it up, I'm still wanting to get this done. Anybody have any experience with this place? Also considering Baltimore Brass. Comments on both are welcomed.

I'm from western PA, and there's really no place close that I know of that does this work in house. They all send it out.
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Badger State Instrument Repair

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

If you're looking in the Chicago area, check Dana Hofer.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...
paulver

Post by paulver »

A complete replacement is what I really want. Got a quote from Badger State and one other place. Badger is the winner so far.

Gotta strike while the iron is hot....... the wife have given the "Papal Blessing" to said tuba repairs!!!! Is even willing to make the second leg of the trip to Wisconsin if desired!!!
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »

Last edited by tofu on Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpwell
bugler
bugler

Post by jpwell »

Dana Hofer and Lee Stofer are both great to deal with. I have used them both. Excellent work!
paulver

Post by paulver »

Called Lee earlier this afternoon and made arrangements to get my Miraphone serviced!! Thanks for the tip and info. Gonna make a mini vacation out of the trip to the family wedding and subsequent ride into Iowa.

Many thanks!!

Paul
SousaWarrior9
3 valves
3 valves

Post by SousaWarrior9 »

paulver wrote:Called Lee earlier this afternoon and made arrangements to get my Miraphone serviced!! Thanks for the tip and info. Gonna make a mini vacation out of the trip to the family wedding and subsequent ride into Iowa.

Many thanks!!

Paul
Good choice. Lee is the man! I've dealt with him several times for repairs and it's always been a great experience. Keep your ears open while you're there, too. The man is a walking library of tuba info.
"Some men are macho men. Others are Martin men"

It's that word "handcraft"...