used made-in-San-Francisco 4/4 bag

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
yetituba1
bugler
bugler

Re: used made-in-San-Francisco 4/4 bag

Post by yetituba1 »

+1
I am, as well, am looking for one of these...
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

The blue Miraphone bags are lighter, & offer better protection. Top load allows for 'quick gettaways' after gigs....
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Good luck, Joe. Those San Francisco-made Reunion Blues gig bags are of legendary high-quality and are worth searching for. I remember frequenting the huge sheet music company located in the Lyon Bldg on 16th Street in San Francisco. Right across the hall were what appeared to be the Reunion Blues cutting and stitching operations. One could get a peek at the workers in the back busily making masterpiece bags. As you know, Glen Cronkhite moved the Reunion Blues operation across the Bay to Berkeley where he had a large building behind his home for making the bags. The operation was moved somewhere else a few years later.

Ace
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

Ace wrote:Good luck, Joe. Those San Francisco-made Reunion Blues gig bags are of legendary high-quality and are worth searching for. I remember frequenting the huge sheet music company located in the Lyon Bldg on 16th Street in San Francisco. Right across the hall were what appeared to be the Reunion Blues cutting and stitching operations. One could get a peek at the workers in the back busily making masterpiece bags. As you know, Glen Cronkhite moved the Reunion Blues operation across the Bay to Berkeley where he had a large building behind his home for making the bags. The operation was moved somewhere else a few years later.

Ace
Byron Hoyt!

That store was awesome. It was like a candy store but for us music nerds.

I, too, popped my head in to the Reunion Blues shop when it shared the building. It was pretty cool to see where the magic happened. I still have my SF made RB trombone bag. And it's just as good as the day I bought it, around 20 years ago.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

So... do you need yet another reason why this tuba and you were meant to be together? :)