Euphonium Besson Sovereign 967 for sale

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
grabeuzo
lurker
lurker

Euphonium Besson Sovereign 967 for sale

Post by grabeuzo »

After too many years without playing it, I am making the decision to sell my Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium.

According to its serial number, it was produced in 1997, and I acquired it in 2000 from its first owner. I have a letter signed by him, so the full history of the instrument is well documented.
I stopped playing it around 2003, and it has been sitting in its case since then, regularly maintained.
I bought it in France, and then brought it to the US when I moved. It is currently located in Chicago.

It plays beautifully, with an ample and very open sound. Mechanical pieces work flawlessly, super fast and smooth valves.
It has a few dents on the inside, presumably from falling before I bought it. They are clearly visible on the pictures and do not affect the handling nor the sound.

It is sold with the original hard case, a Soundwear gig bag and a gold-plated Denis Wick mouthpiece.

Asking $3,000 + shipping, but open to offers.

It is visible in Chicago, you are welcome if you want to come and try it!

My email for questions: grabeuzo (at) hotmail (dot) com

Pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SXwfVMJbFUSFJcYu6
QuigleyJ
lurker
lurker

Re: Euphonium Besson Sovereign 967 for sale

Post by QuigleyJ »

What a beautiful horn. If I weren’t low on my music budget I’d snatch it up. Someone’s going to be a very happy player!
grabeuzo
lurker
lurker

Re: Euphonium Besson Sovereign 967 for sale

Post by grabeuzo »

This has been sold.
Thank you!
Best regards
Florian