SEEKING Gigbag Repairs in NYC area

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
BrassoProfundo
bugler
bugler

SEEKING Gigbag Repairs in NYC area

Post by BrassoProfundo »

Fellow Tuba Sherpas!

Does anyone have any recommendations for gig bag repair providers in the NYC area? I've got a Protec bag one of whose shoulder straps is beginning to come loose at the top and needs restitching and reinforcement. The strap anchors at bottom look also as if they're just beginning to fray from friction with triangular black metal loops.

Weekly I haul a Cerveny Kaisertuba through Gotham's gawdy, naughty, bawdy, haughty streets and subways, about half a mile on foot each way, and the bag's performed without incident for the past nine months... until this.

https://i.imgur.com/0SCDb37.png" target="_blank

Anyone with knowledge and better yet experience of good gig bag repair providers, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Your humble tuba sherpa
BrassoProfundo
aka Adam
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BrassoProfundo on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Think song and wind, not meat and muscle. -Arnold Jacobs
Tuba, mirum spargens sonum, per sepulchra regionum, coget omnes ante thronum.
With tubas and the call of the rams horn shout with joy. בחצצרות וקול שופר הריעו
DylanTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: SEEKING Gigbag Repairs in NYC area

Post by DylanTuba »

Rago Brothers Shoe and Leather Repair in Morristown is the best place near NYC to get a tuba gig bag repaired. I looked almost everywhere in the area for a place that would repair my Yamaha 821 gig bag and they were the only place who accepted to do the repair. Plus they did a damn fine job, excellent service also. I spoke with the owner directly about how I wanted the repair done and his team got it done in just a few days perfectly. Definitely give them a call first, I doubt they would turn anything down.
BrassoProfundo
bugler
bugler

Re: SEEKING Gigbag Repairs in NYC area

Post by BrassoProfundo »

Thanks, DylanTuba!! Pleasant reception via phone at Rago Bros!
If I can't find someone who's more appealing in NYC, I'll be out that way around Thanksgiving.

Anyone with recommendations closer to/in NYC? THANKS!!
Think song and wind, not meat and muscle. -Arnold Jacobs
Tuba, mirum spargens sonum, per sepulchra regionum, coget omnes ante thronum.
With tubas and the call of the rams horn shout with joy. בחצצרות וקול שופר הריעו