SOLD: Besson 995 CC made in Germany $6999 PRICE DROP

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

SOLD: Besson 995 CC made in Germany $6999 PRICE DROP

Post by Aglenntuba »

Hey guys! Today I'm sadly posting up my Besson 995 for sale. This is a fantastic horn in beautiful condition. The silver plate is at 100% and the only blemishes are scratches, and 3 nickel sized dents in the bottom bow as pictured. They aren't even under the guard though, so they would be a very easy fix!

This is absolutely one of the "good ones". Besson made a ton of improvement on these when production was moved to Germany, and it really shows here. Intonation is spot on, the sound is dark and thick, and this is one of the most even and flexible horns I've ever played. This horn is just like the Nirschl 4/4, just a bit heavier with thicker metal.

This horn is available for sale in Lubbock TX! Comes with the huge Besson hardcase so I am definitely comfortable with shipping via Greyhound at buyer's expense. I'm also more than willing to set up a meeting if you want to try it! You won't be disappointed. I'm only selling this horn because I have 2 CC tubas right now, and I really need to get an F tuba. I'm asking $6999 OBO, and I will consider a trade for the right F tuba! You can contact me via PM or at aglenntuba@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank. Thanks for reading! I'm more than happy to answer any questions. Pictures found at the link below.

http://imgur.com/gallery/IgBP0os" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by Aglenntuba on Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: BEAUTIFUL Besson 995 CC made in Germany $8000

Post by Aglenntuba »

Monday bump!
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump! It would be a dream come true if somebody out there with a 2182 was looking for a great, versatile CC tuba... :tuba:
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump for price drop!
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: BEAUTIFUL Besson 995 CC made in Germany $7500 PRICE

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump for a price drop! Really looking to move quickly on this!
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Re: FS: BEAUTIFUL Besson 995 CC made in Germany $6999 PRICE

Post by Aglenntuba »

Huge price drop! Let’s get this thing sold!
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

Bump
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I forget -- is the leadpipe still at the same "York" angle as the Nirschl 4/4? Or more wrapped around like a normal tuba?

Haven't played one of these in years. Remember really liking them, though. If you had listed this in August instead of September.... :tuba:
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Aglenntuba »

Thanks for the comments guys! And Bort, it goes out a bit more than instruments with less wide bell stacks, but it’s definitely a very comfortable and ergonomic horn. No weird holds or positioning needed, just sits right on my lap for me! (And I’m a pretty average 5’10)