(SOLD) WTB: CC tuba

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This forum is for buying or selling your personal equipment. Sponsored selling is allowed as well. All ads are required to have the following information: Price (even for trades), brand, model, and location (City and State, for instruments, not accessories). It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay auctions, but "Buy It Now" listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well, and may be hosted on Google Drive, or elsewhere. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Miguel Jimenez
lurker
lurker

(SOLD) WTB: CC tuba

Post by Miguel Jimenez »

I am in need of a CC tuba. I'm a senior in high school and I'm going to major in music but I need to purchase a CC tuba. My price range is up to $8,500 but I'm willing to go up to $9,000 if necessary. It'd be great if you guys could recommend some horns to buy or if you guys could sell me yours! I live in Anaheim, CA. Also I won't need the horn until I start college in August. I apologize if you're trying to get rid of your horn right away. I'm simply trying to get a head start on looking into a horn.
Last edited by Miguel Jimenez on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oldschooltuba
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: CC tuba

Post by Oldschooltuba »

I have a wonderful 4/4 MW 3450. This is a 5 valve instrument. Great all around tuba in silver.
Eric Hunter
http://www.tubaforum.net/index.php" target="_blank
186CC 5U (gone)
Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC (gone)
Silver CC Piggy (gone)
Meinl Weston F Model 45 (Gone)
B&S 5/4 CC Prototype
Yamaha 822F
York 6/4 CC (yes a real York BAT)
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by happyroman »

Miguel Jimenez wrote:I am in need of a CC tuba. I'm a senior in high school and I'm going to major in music but I need to purchase a CC tuba. My price range is up to $8,500 but I'm willing to go up to $9,000 if necessary. It'd be great if you guys could recommend some horns to buy or if you guys could sell me yours! I live in Anaheim, CA. Also I won't need the horn until I start college in August. I apologize if you're trying to get rid of your horn right away. I'm simply trying to get a head start on looking into a horn.
Ted Cox is selling his 5/4 Rudy Meinl CC that has had some fantastic work done on it by Martin Wilk. He is asking $9,000 for what appears to be a fantastic instrument

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=95908" target="_blank
Andy
Colelmore
bugler
bugler

Post by Colelmore »

I have my B&S PT6P for sale listed for $8,000 right now.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I have an awesome Miraphone four rotor 84CC for sale well within your budget. Includes a case.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by TomTuba »

I have a B&S rotary Neptun with terrific sound for sale in 7500$
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=95632" target="_blank
Miguel Jimenez
lurker
lurker

Post by Miguel Jimenez »

I am looking, preferably, for a B&S CC tuba, a Miraphone CC tuba, a Meinl Weston CC tuba, a Grontiz CC tuba, or an Eastman CC tuba. However, I'm still open to other horns.
anotherjtm2
3 valves
3 valves

Post by anotherjtm2 »

Dan Schultz wrote:I have an awesome Miraphone four rotor 84CC for sale well within your budget. Includes a case.
This one is sure tempting me. Get that so I don't have to worry about it.
John Morris
- 1960s CC Scherzer/Sander
Miguel Jimenez
lurker
lurker

Post by Miguel Jimenez »

BUMP!
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

Once you are ready to buy a horn, you will get pore peretinent information.

If you buy an instrument without asking the opinion of the teacher at the college you will attend, it will be a disservice to your relationship with that teacher.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

It might stretch you budget a tad, but I would take a serious look at the Eastman 832 (not the 6/4 836). For probably less money, consider the Wessex "Wyvern". Used tuba? . . . try them first. Scott Sutherland is down the road from you (towards San Diego). You might enlist his help. He's an Eastman guy.
Miguel Jimenez
lurker
lurker

Post by Miguel Jimenez »

bump
Oldschooltuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Oldschooltuba »

still have mine
Eric Hunter
http://www.tubaforum.net/index.php" target="_blank
186CC 5U (gone)
Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC (gone)
Silver CC Piggy (gone)
Meinl Weston F Model 45 (Gone)
B&S 5/4 CC Prototype
Yamaha 822F
York 6/4 CC (yes a real York BAT)
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

According to their "daily menu", the lowest priced CC tuba that Steve Ferguson has (Horn Guys) is the Miraphone 1293. It's still a ways beyond Mr. Jimenez's budget. Also, I don't think the shop is open for play testing at this time. For new CC tubas within that budget, I still think the Wessex "Wyvern" and the Eastman 832 are worth taking a look at.

I wish I could afford/justify walking into The Horn Guys and walk out with their B&S "MRP".
Emerickfalta
bugler
bugler

Post by Emerickfalta »

I have a MRP CC tuba for sale, $11,000!
Douglas
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Post by Douglas »

I have an excellent PT6 for sale $8500.
Doug Black, D.M.A.
Assistant Professor of Music, Alabama A&M University
Eastman Tuba Artist
brandohd
lurker
lurker

Post by brandohd »

Hi Miguel! I'm selling my Meinl Weston CC 2155. It is a great horn and it has gotten me through a lot! I also got it in High School and used it throughout college and even through my doctorate. I haven't posted it for sale anywhere but I think it would be a great choice for you and you'd be able to use it for a while. I'm asking $6,500, it comes with an Alteri gig bag and a large red flight case. I live in Los Angeles so it would be very easy to get it to you.

Here is a link to some photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" target="_blank" target="_blank
bam214
bugler
bugler

Post by bam214 »

pm sent
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Miguel, there are a couple of MW 2155's for sale, including the person above. Also, someone is selling a MW 2000 for about 9K, if I'm remembering correctly. If you can afford that much, I would grab that horn in a heart beat!