Opportunities at East Central University

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
JVickers
lurker
lurker

Opportunities at East Central University

Post by JVickers »

Hi all, I wanted to take a moment and let any interested parties know about opportunities to study tuba & euphonium at East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma.

You have probably never heard of ECU, but we have consistently had great opportunities for undergraduate students for as long as I have been here (since 2016). Our students have attended ITEC 2019 in Iowa, performed at the Gateway Brass Band Festival in St Louis in 2019, performed at SCRTEC at Oklahoma State in 2022, and competed in the North American Brass Band Championships (NABBA) this past April, placing sixth in our category in our debut appearance.

ECU has the only collegiate British-style brass band in the state and our students love it! Conducting this group is one of my favorite things to do at ECU-- this fall we are performing at a couple of Oklahoma high schools and last October we performed at the OkMEA fall conference at Oklahoma City University to an enthusiastic crowd. We plan to return to NABBA in 2023.

I encourage you to give us a look on our website (shorturl.at/nxzAG)-- I can answer any questions at jvickers@ecok.edu and for more about me you can go to www.jacevickers.com, or find me on Facebook. Best of luck in your college search!

Jace Vickers, DMA