FT: Mel Culbertson Neptune 6/4 CC

Sell and buy equipment.
Forum rules
This is for buying or selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, (even for trades) Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.
Isaiah_Buzdygon
lurker
lurker

FT: Mel Culbertson Neptune 6/4 CC

Post by Isaiah_Buzdygon »

UPDATE: In order to be more explicit here is a list of tubas I am specifically interested in: PT6/P, MR.P CC, Miraphone 1292/3, Meinl Weston 3450, and 5450. Again, I am willing to listen to offers, but I figured this list may be helpful to some.

Looking to possibly move on from my Neptune. It is one of the piston models and is closely related to the PT7-P. As far as I understand, the only difference between the two models is that the Neptune has a 20.5" bell, which is a bit larger than the PT7-P. I very well could be incorrect on this so I wouldn't take it as a quote. I bought this horn during my sophomore year of college (2018-19). I used it throughout the rest of my undergraduate studies and I used it to get accepted into my current Masters program. It's a great horn and I have come to love it over the time I have owned it, but I am thinking of moving to something a bit smaller. The only modification is that the valves were vented by Matt Walters at Dillon Music. It has a good amount of cosmetic damage, but nothing that would affect playability. All dents and scratches pictured here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Ideally, I'd love to trade for a PT6 (rotary or piston). However I'd be willing to listen to offers for a 5/4 or Large 4/4 CC tuba. I'm not really in a place where I could go a long time without a CC tuba so trading would be more ideal for me at the moment, but in the right circumstances I would be willing to sell.

I am located in Waco, TX. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message or reach me at my email: isaiahbuzdygon at gmail dot com
Last edited by Isaiah_Buzdygon on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GA- Baylor University
Mel Culbertson Neptune CC
Miraphone Elektra F
BFA- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
MM- Baylor University (in progress)
Grommit
bugler
bugler

Re: FT: Mel Culbertson Neptune 6/4 CC

Post by Grommit »

Price?
VMI Mel Culbertson "Neptune"
Miraphone 381 Bel Canto Solo
B&H Imperial EEb
Isaiah_Buzdygon
lurker
lurker

Post by Isaiah_Buzdygon »

Bump with an update. I have gotten a few questions on what my selling price would be. I haven't specified because I am still looking for a trade ideally. However I am going to list the tuba at $8,000. Please reach out if you're interested!
GA- Baylor University
Mel Culbertson Neptune CC
Miraphone Elektra F
BFA- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
MM- Baylor University (in progress)
tubablue
bugler
bugler

Post by tubablue »

I have my 3450 listed on this site for sale...

Re: Meinl Weston 3450 CC lacquer FS