Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 4-string $825/obo Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 4-string $825/obo

Postby chhite » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:06 am

I attempted to sell this bass before but I couldn't bear to part with it, but the time has come and it needs to go.

This is a 2006 Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones four-string bass in black sparkle (color not available anymore) with a Jeannie's custom pick guard, just like DJ used when he toured with the Rolling Stones. I purchased the bass new in 2006 from Bass Central and it has been professionally played and meticulously maintained since day one. It is in like-new condition and I will include its original Lakland hardshell case, the stock white pick guard, and a few sets of Lakland (LaBella) strings.

The body is swamp ash, the neck rosewood, pickups are by Aero, and the controls are typical jazz bass style, volume, volume, tone. This instrument was made in Korea and final finish and setup were done in Lakland's Chicago factory. Basses built after this one were built in Indonesia, had heavier bodies, and different potentiometers and pickups (before Lakland wound their own), which, in my opinion, negatively affected the incredible tone these basses were able to achieve.

Bass is located in Cincinnati, OH and I am asking $825 (plus shipping) but am open to any reasonable offers. I will only ship to the lower 48 states. Please let me know if you have questions or need to see more pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/9h5Lz" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by chhite on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
chhite
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 4-string $825/obo

Postby chhite » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:22 am

Bump. Price lowered
chhite
pro musician
pro musician

Return to For Sale by Owner