Who is a Nirschl Dealer? Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted.

Who is a Nirschl Dealer?

Postby WillDellinger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Is there a dealer anywhere in the states? I know nobody stocks them, but I am trying to get a MWN-7 as my government horn, and they need (or would prefer) a dealer.
WillDellinger
bugler
bugler

Re: Who is a Nirschl Dealer?

Postby Steve Marcus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 pm

I think that years ago Dillon Music and Custom Music carried the model in which you are interested. Their formal dealer agreement probably no longer exists. Nirschl builds the 6/4 CC Nirschl-York and sells them directly to the consumer, but he sold the designs and mandrels for the 4/4 CC to BMB.
Steve Marcus
https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-marcus-980315b/
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Postby besson900 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:55 am

You can send email to Mr.Nirschl he will answer You about all what You want to know or find him on Facebook, he is there everyday and he can tell You where You can find your dealer in USA :)
besson900
bugler
bugler

Postby joshwirt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Contact Walter via email or Facebook. He can give you all the particulars on ordering directly from him. He sent me a quote for the same model back in April.

JW
Instructor of Tuba/Euphonium - Elmhurst College
Instructor of Tuba/Euphonium - North Central College
Instructor of Tuba/Euphonium - VanderCook College of Music
Principal Tuba - Elmhurst Symphony
Tuba - New Chicago Brass
joshwirt
pro musician
pro musician

Postby WillDellinger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Thank you for the replies. I contacted him and was able to get some information. For anyone wondering, yes, he does still make that model. He also said he can send something through a dealer (if you really want to pay the extra costs associated with that).
WillDellinger
bugler
bugler

Postby Porky » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:55 am

Floyd Cooley is the only person in the US that could get you one as he makes a trip down there every year. If you’re trying to avoid Custom fees and Duty and substantial shipping go through him as he will save you a ton of money unless you just want to go out there and get it yourself.
Porky
bugler
bugler

Postby tubalamb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Baltimore Brass was used as the dealer for the Marine Band's purchase of a Nirschl within the past couple of years. Give BBC a call, and I'm sure they can help or at least lead you in the right direction. Good luck.
Steve Lamb
tubalamb
pro musician
pro musician

Postby WillDellinger » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Thank you all for the replies. After doing some more thinking, I've actually decided to go with a different horn. I was just trying to get info on whether this would even be an option.
WillDellinger
bugler
bugler

Return to TubeNet