RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA PRICE DROP Bookmark and Share

Sell personal equipment
Forum rules
This is for selling your personal equipment, but sponsored selling is allowed as well. We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Price, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories) need to be included in the ad, or at least be very clear in link provided. It is acceptable to link to an external ad if you are promoting a sale of your personal equipment. No Ebay Auctions, but Buy it now listings are fine. Photos are HIGHLY suggested as well. If you see an ad that does not meet these criteria, please report it.

RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA PRICE DROP

Postby Cthuba » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 pm

RUDY MIENL 3/4 TUBA CC
Great Condition! Minor scratches and dings
Purchased 2 years ago from a fellow tubeneteer
Includes Wessex Gig Bag
$7500.00 plus shipping

NOW- 7,000.00

Excellent Tuba

Recently Overhauled by Lee Stofer!!

Located in Williamsport, Pa. Prefer not to ship but can

Last edited by Cthuba on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rudy 3/4

That which is dead can eternal lie and with many strange aeons even tubas will fly
-A Misquote from HP Lovecraft.
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA

Postby Cthuba » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:33 pm

Bump
Rudy 3/4

That which is dead can eternal lie and with many strange aeons even tubas will fly
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Postby Cthuba » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:38 am

Bump
Rudy 3/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Postby koznolan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:39 pm

PM sent
koznolan
lurker
lurker

Postby Cthuba » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:00 am

Bump :tuba:
Rudy 3/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Postby bloke » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:34 am

curious:
Is this a tuba that I original sold to one of my own employees, and to which I later added a fifth valve for them?

Some subtle features hint that it may well be that same instrument.

The one to which I refer is a very good player, and passed back through my hands a few years ago.
Were it not for "an overlap of very good tubas which function very well in the same sorts of applications", I would have been tempted to hold on to it.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Postby Cthuba » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:35 am

Bloke,

Not entirely sure. I purchased this instrument from a gentlemen out in Ohio, who had previously purchased this from Andy Rummel.

This horn at that time had a detachable valve section where some braces were not connected to the instrument. The horn has since been restored to its original condition through Lee Stofer.

Imho as well as many others, this has GREATLY improved the instruments response and sonority. It is a different instrument that I wish I could keep. But $$$ :(
Rudy 3/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Postby Cthuba » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Price drop $7350.00
Rudy 3/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA PRICE DROP

Postby MikeMilnarik » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:33 pm

I've played this instrument when Cthuba first bought it. It was a great instrument then, and if Lee Stofer got his hands on it - I'm sure that it's even better!

Great horn for a great price! Give it a try!

Mike Milnarik
www.milnarik.com

MILNARIK BRASS
INNOVATA
COSMOPOLITAN TUBA QUARTET

Tufts University & Brandeis University
MikeMilnarik
3 valves
3 valves

Postby Lee Stofer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 am

This instrument has the original 5th valve, as far as I can tell. Some years ago, someone had the instrument re-braced to make the valveset and leadpipe removable. Then, someone else had several non-detachable braces added to try to restore lost resonance. With a mix of detachable and non-detachable braces, it played as well as a lot of tubas out there, but was not as resonant as it should be, and the response was somewhat deadened. The owner brought it to me at the TUSAB Tuba-Euphonium Conference, then waited several months until I could get to it. Since these are individually hand-crafted, including the braces, there is no such thing as just ordering new braces, such as for a King, Yamaha or Jupiter. I pulled the valveset, removed all of the incorrect parts, then fabricated new original-type braces and reassembled the tuba as it originally was.

The resulting tuba has not had a complete restoration, as the lacquer is not new. It is what I call a play-condition restoration, which means it plays very much like when it was new, is a quite dependable player and sounds like a million bucks. You would get a somewhat better instrument if you bought a new one, but it would also cost you about $19,000.00US. Someone needs to buy this instrument and enjoy it for many years.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.
Lee Stofer
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Postby Adam Peck » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 pm

I played Mark's Rudy during one of our duet reading sessions. It played beautifully, almost identically to the one I bought new in 1984. If anything it had a more "open" free blowing feel than my newer one. An excellent tuba..
Binghamton Philharmonic Orchestra
Tri-Cities Opera Orchestra
Brass Menagerie
Billtown Brass
Always a professional musician
Adam Peck
4 valves
4 valves

Postby Cthuba » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:28 am

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. Bump :tuba:
Rudy 3/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Postby Cthuba » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Bump :tuba:
Rudy 3/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: RUDY 3/4 CC TUBA FINAL PRICE DROP

Postby Cthuba » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 pm

$7000

This is the final price drop. I will give this some more time. If no offers arise than this will be sold through consignment at BBC at a much higher price. :tuba:
Rudy 3/4

Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Return to For Sale by Owner